No Sugar Lifestyle - Fertility Problems

Options
I just saw with my fertility doctor and he has told me that I need surgery which im ok with. But he also told me I need to take all the sugar out of my diet which is fine but I am finding a lot of stuff that's good has sugar and I can only eat 30g of sugar a day and an apple is 18g...does anyone else have anything like this? how do you eat? have you tried almond milk? I have not tried it yet but going to buy it this weekend I have heard it tastes horrible...suggestions on snacks and lunch ideas?

Replies

• Tigg_
    Tigg_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That sounds really difficult and something I'm also looking at.

My main point in replying was to say I always have almond milk [unsweetened] and actually find it completely okay. I favour it over other milks now as does my partner.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did he specifically say you can't eat fruit sugars in natural food?

Because often they are most concerned with any refined sugars from any source, but things like an apple or pear or berries are no problem at all.
  • ComingUntrue
    ComingUntrue Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can eat some natural sugars, but you probably want to keep it at 1 serving a day or just really limit what you eat. Almond milk is delicious. I do not miss regular milk at all. It all takes a short period of adjustment but it is very doable.
  • caitlynbarbour
    Options
    he just said low sugar diet
  • ComingUntrue
    ComingUntrue Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about fruit/natural sugar too much right now. Get the transition started and then you can see if you need to tweak your natural sugar intake later. Go easy on yourself while you make this big change.