P90X - Anyone doing this program?

Options
I am on Week 2 Day 5 of P90X and gotta say I LOVE it!! Would love to chat w/ the ladies out there who are working the program. I wear a HRM and in addition do 3-4 cardio workouts a week at the gym burning around 1,000 calories w/ both workouts. The scale is not budging however the measuring tape is showing progress - thank goodness!! I'd like to discuss nutrition and ways to boost up my calories - last week my NET calories were typicallly less than 1,000 - not good. My focus this week is to eat at least 1,200 NET calories. It's tough to eat and eat and eat when i'm not even hungry! :smile:

Replies

• devilbutt
    devilbutt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. This is my 4th day of doing the fat burning express before i complete the power 90, so far nothing has changed with me, not like i expect it to right away... You want to make sure that your calorie goal is enough for your body so your body don't go into starvation mode. eat every 2-3 hours, and make sure your getting all the protien to build up the muscle that your working on. It takes your body a while sometimes weeks before it realizes that you are eating healthy, and you are working out. best luck to you and the p90x
  • alicewoman1
    alicewoman1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting monday with p90X.
    There are a lot information to find here in the motivation/support forum.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots and lots and lots of folks on MFP are doing P90X!! There are already a number of threads on it, with folks supporting one another - try using the "search" feature to find them!

Good luck!
  • ARSchaeffer
    ARSchaeffer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in my 5th weak of doing p90x Lean. I had already reached my goal weight before starting, so I haven't been trying to lose more weight. The Lean routine has really helped me drop inches though. I know several people doing it for weight loss and it works great for that too. It's really intense, but so worth the struggle. Good luck!!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Muscles I didn't even know existed are sore. Guess it's doing its job :)

If I have few hundred extra calories for the day, to be honest, I usually indulge and have a beer...just one :) Obviously not the most nutritious way to boost your calories, but hey, I'm not perfect.

Maybe try to fit in an extra 200 calorie snack or two throughout the day? Your body will probably be like wth if you just start cramming tons of extra food down it, so go easy at first. But I'm sure it will only help your metabolism! Also, maybe try drinking a coconut water after workouts - it's only about 100 calories for the big ones, but makes you feel pretty good, too.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm in round #4, week 4. My first 3 rounds were in 2009 and while I worked out religiously with other programs in 2010, I'm ALL kinds of sore after Legs and Back day every single week. UGH!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 2 Day 5 of P90X and gotta say I LOVE it!! Would love to chat w/ the ladies out there who are working the program. I wear a HRM and in addition do 3-4 cardio workouts a week at the gym burning around 1,000 calories w/ both workouts. The scale is not budging however the measuring tape is showing progress - thank goodness!! I'd like to discuss nutrition and ways to boost up my calories - last week my NET calories were typicallly less than 1,000 - not good. My focus this week is to eat at least 1,200 NET calories. It's tough to eat and eat and eat when i'm not even hungry! :smile:

Well part of the reason you are not dropping weight is because your calories are so low. Also keep in mind the amount of calories your body burns just doing it's thing every day. So ways that I add calories to my day are by having small snacks through out the day and a protein shake at the end of the day about an hour before bed. I also make sure I have a recovery shake immediately following my P90X work out. It helps aid the muscles repair after the work out.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to message me.

All the best,
    Stu
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! Stick w/ it! I'm a Mom w/ two kids - one in 2nd grade and a baby. So far, I've been able to get the workouts in during nap time and also have time to head to the gym!
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Well part of the reason you are not dropping weight is because your calories are so low. Also keep in mind the amount of calories your body burns just doing it's thing every day. So ways that I add calories to my day are by having small snacks through out the day and a protein shake at the end of the day about an hour before bed. I also make sure I have a recovery shake immediately following my P90X work out. It helps aid the muscles repair after the work out.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to message me.

All the best,
    Stu

Thanks Stu. My goal for for this was to really focus on eating more on the days that I have two-a-days. I bought whey protein and have started drinking that after my workouts and will get some protein bars also to help bolster my caloric intake. I definitely want to get out of this mode - NOW!! Next week will be better and WILL have a loss!!!!