thought id say hello

Options
not sure anyone will see this but after having operations and treatment for cervical cancer 6 years ago the weight has just piled on and on and on
the things I can eat now since radiotherapy isnt good as fruit and veg are a no go so I have just filled up on bread, crisps and potatoes for years
after endless starts and fails of every diet I can think of I had given up...............
then 6 weeks ago I decided – things had to change and by change I mean NOT a diet but calorie counting was probably the only thing that I could do
so 6 weeks with myfitnesspal and im 20 pounds lighter,
I still have a massive way to go but I have never done this well and stuck to my calories 100%
so proud of myself
no one know im doing it so no pressure at all

happy with myself

Replies

• Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You should be happy with yourself! Good job getting started!!!!!

I am an almost 5 year survivor of Cancer (non-hodgkins lymphoma) and I can relate to how your body changes after those treatments. It took a lot out of me for a long time!! I know I still suffer some of the late-term effects (I have permanent nerve damage in my esophagus that causes me to choke on foods if I am not careful) and my whole life is built around my post-cancer life.

I don't know the reasons for not being able to digest fruits and veg, but I am sorry you and your physicians haven't found a way around this. It must be challenging to feel full and satisfied on mostly vitamin empty, high-carb foods.

Glad you have had success so far and I wish you continued success!!!
  • sutschek111
    Options
    You guys are the rock stars!! Good luck with your weight loss. It is an awesome feeling when you are working on something and it works, no matter what it is.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    congratulations to you on so very many levels....I had a scare with cervical cancer myself a year ago....I am so very thankful that I am here today...God bless you for surviving and now you are on the right path....I too count my calories and have for a long time. I have gotten really serious since Oct 2013 on my 55th birthday...scare with cancer and some other health issues...I am proud to tell you that since June of 2013 I have lost 82 lbs and since I got serious in October its been 72 lbs. if I can do this anyone can....please keep up the great work you are doing and feel free to add me as a friend and support .......we can all use someone in our corner......congrats again on GREAT WORK :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • weedygumption
    weedygumption Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thankyou you have all really made my day :)

just got back from my another 6 months check up and glad to say all went well. ive loved reading how well everyone is doing and hope you all carry on with everything you are doing as its given me a boost. ive got loads to go yet but i really am going to carry on.
    im still learning how to work the message board and im not sure what happens when you add friends ?? dose it link your weight and food pages ?

thanks in advance