Ok I really need to stop watching Mrs. Giada De Larentiis!

Options
autumntia
autumntia Posts: 72 Member
OH ALL THE PASTA!!!!!!!!
She is constantly making pasta, Ravioli, Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Farfelle, Penne,
And all the Sweets!
And all the bread!

She is like a size 1 and I just wonder doe she really eat the food she makes or just taste everything?

I have heard she works out a lot though...UGH! my body is probably the size of 2 of her body ...give me a break!

Also the woman Laura on French Food at home....she uses heavy cream, butter, and makes pastries and everything yummy and fat and she is like a size 3! COME ON! What is the deal?
Paula Dean's size makes sense, Ina Garten's size makes sense, Gina and Pat Neely's sizes make sense, but these skinny chicks drive me nuts!!!! LOL

Replies

• Vlopez2011
    Options
    Oh I love her show! I love watching it on the Cooking Channel-she is so tiny and I seriously doubt she eats anything she makes on her cooking show
    and if she does it is probably in small portions. Small portions....I am working on that.
  • autumntia
    Options
    Oh I love her show! I love watching it on the Cooking Channel-she is so tiny and I seriously doubt she eats anything she makes on her cooking show
    and if she does it is probably in small portions. Small portions....I am working on that.
    Small portions are so hard when the food is good! LOL
  • jslmom1
    jslmom1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!!! It makes me ill to see how thin she is. But ya' know when you have the kinda money she has she probably works out with a trainer and alll that good stuff. I love pasta but I have been avoiding it since I'm trying to lose lbs. Anyway, I'll keep watching my cooking shows and dream of the day when I can eat pasta again...in moderation...hopefully :)
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the smaller portions. It is not the ingredients that make you fat, but how much of it you eat. If you travel to france/belgium/italy/spain ... you don't really see many "fat" people. This may seem very surprising taking into account what they seem to be eating. Like you said, all the pasta, bread, butter, cream, etc. The thing is that they tend to eat a lot less of it than the average american or british person but use better ingredients, fresher produce and less pre prepared items. walk into a french supermarket and it's almost like walking into a market with all the fresh produce and good quality basic ingredients.

Also don't forget that the foods you see in her and other celebrity cooks tv programmes are not the kind of meals that italians would eat everyday. Quite often they are dishes for when there are larger family gatherings. Most people on the european continent don't tend to eat this much food all the time. They also don't generally tend to snack in between meals as often as brits or americans.

I have recently started to eat more like I was used to eat "back home" ingredients and portion size wise and I have also cut down on the snacking and the weight has started to literally drop off me.
  • autumntia
    Options

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the smaller portions. It is not the ingredients that make you fat, but how much of it you eat. If you travel to france/belgium/italy/spain ... you don't really see many "fat" people. This may seem very surprising taking into account what they seem to be eating. Like you said, all the pasta, bread, butter, cream, etc. The thing is that they tend to eat a lot less of it than the average american or british person but use better ingredients, fresher produce and less pre prepared items. walk into a french supermarket and it's almost like walking into a market with all the fresh produce and good quality basic ingredients.

Also don't forget that the foods you see in her and other celebrity cooks tv programmes are not the kind of meals that italians would eat everyday. Quite often they are dishes for when there are larger family gatherings. Most people on the european continent don't tend to eat this much food all the time. They also don't generally tend to snack in between meals as often as brits or americans.

I have recently started to eat more like I was used to eat "back home" ingredients and portion size wise and I have also cut down on the snacking and the weight has started to literally drop off me.
    Yes this is so true, I was watching one of my fav shows "Dr. Oz" and he was talking about doing a Mediterranean diet...which I love the majority of the Mediterranean types of foods. But I am an equal opportunity cultural food lover! LOL I like a little bit from everywhere!