I need some help with motivation and accountability!

Options
The weight has been slowly creeping back up, and I need to stop the bad habits I've been in lately. My family had been visiting this month, so I've been eating out a lot (and drinking more). I don't think never enjoying treats is the way for me, but I know that daily treats are not good either. Any hints or tips to change my habits are appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand. My Father has been in town over the last week and while he tells me I need to eat better, he fills the house with "goodies" for my children and wants things like macaroni and cheese for dinners.

My best thought on accountability comes from a quote from the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormon Prophet..

“When we deal in generalities, we shall never succeed. When we deal in specifics, we shall rarely have a failure. When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates.” - Thomas S. Monson

Find a way to not only measure your performance (MFP's food and exercise diary), but a way to report it (and I don't find the automatic reporting MFP does to satisfy this).

I will send a "friend" request and can give you at least one avenue to "report" to.

Jeff
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the quote. It's definitely true that when I keep track, I am more successful. I try not to become too obsessive about measuring, etc (I got a bit burned out from it before which is why I took the break.)

Thanks for the friend request, too. :)