WeightLoss Journey And Support

Options
Hi Friends,

Here is the topic I am dedicating it to weight loss journey. Here we all can post our recipes, cooking tips, exercise routines so that we can help each other.

I would like to know your ways of dropping the pounds or practices that you all are following to keep away any cravings for salt, sugar, carbs etc.

Sorry Boys, But most of the girls like to talk their problems out and it will help in good functioning. Trust me. I am girl and when frustrated would like to call someone or a friend to speak to. So here it is, this topic will also include support for "Weight loss Journey". I know it is hard when you are trying to lose weight and I myself have to lose weight of 100+.

So please help and I will help you too. Promise! We can do this. Please post your recipes, experiences, stories so we can be part of each other's journey.

Thanks!
Winnie (The Pooh Bear!)

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My 'secret' to success has been to honestly & accurately weigh everything I eat, log it all. And move more.

For recipes... I need 'em easy and simple. I just don't have the patience (or creativity) for anything else. Baked pasta is a favorite:

1 box Smart Taste (12 oz dry) penne pasta
    1 tube Jennie-O hot ground turkey-sausage
    8 oz shredded mozzarella
    15 oz ricotta cheese
    1 can or jar of spaghetti sauce
    parmesan for topping - usually about 20-25g
    Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 350, and coat 13x9 baking dish w/ olive oil spray.
    Brown the ground turkey. Cook the pasta and drain. Mix pasta, mozzarella and ricotta until the pasta is well-coated. Stir in the turkey. Pour into a 13x9 baking dish. Pour sauce over the top, and sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.

"Cut" into 8 servings. Each 425-450 calories depending on your choices of sauce, cheese. If you want a little extra 'kick' season the pasta mixture with red pepper flakes.
  • thudambaji
    Options
    @StaciMarie197- Thank you for Posting!. I will sure try that. I have been measuring my food recently. Surely it makes big difference. Only then I started to see some loss. Thanks for the tip!
    All the best!
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh hiiii!

I've found that most of my issues were things in my head... like how some people eat less if they use a smaller fork or something like that.

I make sure that when I'm finished eating I clear my food away straight away so I'm not tempted to pick at it. If I'm eating out I may cover it in vinegar or something so I won't go back or more.

At home I like to eat from a bowl not a plate where I can as it always looks nice and full, sometimes diet sized portions can look depressing laid out on a plate.

I've replaced some things where it makes sense, fajitas is my favourite meal and now I eat the chicken and peppers wrapped in a lettuce leaf not a tortilla, so I can still have my favourite foods without feeling guilty ever.

Best of luck with your journey :)
  • thudambaji
    Options
    @KymmyJoy- Thank you for the post!

Yes, I feel very depressed when I look at the portion and I know I cannot get any more servings. It happens a lot when I want to eat rice, not to mention about White rice.

Wooh, I also love the chicken fajitas. I think I can eat them with lettuce wraps. Can you share your recipe with chicken fajitas? I always eat them at this mexican restaurant and I do not think they do lettuce wraps with chicken.

Thanks!
  • CynthiaTripAndrews
    Options
    I've found I can adjust my recipes just the tiniest bit and make them alot less calories! I like the idea of putting food in a bowl, I've been doing that too!
    Another thing I have found, El Pollo Loco has alot of stuff that is low calorie that isn't too expensive! I have the lapband so I can't eat much for each meal so I was in a hurry the other day and drove thru el pollo loco and got a Chicken Taco El Carbon and it was really low in calories and only cost like $1.50!! So I'm on the learning curve. Have gone over my daily amount a couple times but surely not as far as I would have gone if I wasn't logging everything on here!!
    Where can I get a food scale?
  • Enriky
    Enriky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,

Here is the topic I am dedicating it to weight loss journey. Here we all can post our recipes, cooking tips, exercise routines so that we can help each other.

I would like to know your ways of dropping the pounds or practices that you all are following to keep away any cravings for salt, sugar, carbs etc.

Sorry Boys, But most of the girls like to talk their problems out and it will help in good functioning. Trust me. I am girl and when frustrated would like to call someone or a friend to speak to. So here it is, this topic will also include support for "Weight loss Journey". I know it is hard when you are trying to lose weight and I myself have to lose weight of 100+.

So please help and I will help you too. Promise! We can do this. Please post your recipes, experiences, stories so we can be part of each other's journey.

Thanks!
    Winnie (The Pooh Bear!)