The 'F' word.

Options
I'm seriously thinking about the benefits of losing weight & getting fit - at last. I've been overweight for about 13 years now & I think the penny's finally dropped. Being FIT isn't all about vanity but more about living longer. So I think I'm ready to face up to the other "F word" - F.A.T. not a word used in my vocabulary. How fat must I become before I actually realise it? Well, today's the day & I'm determined to get fit at last. So here goes...

Replies

• emmylou32
    emmylou32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I've only joined recently and have been reading the posts.. There are some interesting helpful posts out there...
    Wishing you the best for your weight loss journey :)
    Emma x
  • Cindymorse0724
    Options
    hahahaha....... I love the way you use the "F" word, very clever. Good luck to you. I also feel the same way, been overweight for about 10 years and it's just time for a change. Add me as a frend if you'd like, we can all try and do this together!! Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    this is the place to do it! it's not rocket science. eat right, exercise, and have great support. that is what mfp is all about!

be honest with your diary. log every bite and sip especially in the beginning. take the time to realize what a 1/2 cup of ice cream looks like and log the ACTUAL amount of servings you consume. drink, drink, drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated so it can function as it should especially when workouts begin to increase!

those are my tips. they are the things i had to come to grips with to make it work!

now...make good choices today!
  • JackieGifford
    Options
    Thanks for some good tips.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is very supportive. You can always find someone who can relate to your struggles, big and small. You will make it this time ( and I will too!) :bigsmile:
  • sswoboda2113
    Options
    Logging is huge! No matter what you're doing - WW, counting calories, carbs, fat...just keeping track is what keeps a person honest. There's no room for the mindless eating that makes us gain...once the tracking becomes part of your daily routine, the weight drops off, you feel great about yourself and the rest comes easy! Good luck!!
  • wilkogirl21
    Options
    Good luck Jackie, you know you can do it, i need to tone up, Andrea is doing 100 sit ups a day, and walking the dog, lol. :flowerforyou: :love: Abbie sent you these. xx