Bathroom Scales

Options
I'm really scared to buy bathroom scales incase I over use them which is very likely. Even if I do set a goal to weight myself once a week. I will most likely weight my selves 5 times a day

Should I buy them?! I don't know my true weight, it fluctuates a lot.

I saw these, I don't want expensive ones as I'm a pretty poor student. These are £10, $16.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquabourne-Bamboo-Digital-Bathroom-Scales/dp/B0045HPCWK/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1295705797&sr=8-17

What do you think?!

Replies

• julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Those scales are neat!!! I want them! :D Even if you do weigh yourself often just remember that it takes time to lose weight and even if you dont see results right away dont get disheartened!!! Stick with it no matter what and you will see results!!! :)
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pal you can leave the scales with? I weigh daily, becasue I need the reminder that every day counts. I can handle an increase without tanking. But some people weigh through the day, and that seems obsessive and unhealthy to me. I'd try the buddy system.
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    That's me sold. Gonna buy them :)
    I'm not so worried about losing weight. More like I don't wanna gain haha. Scares me.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Those scales are neat!!! I want them! :D Even if you do weigh yourself often just remember that it takes time to lose weight and even if you dont see results right away dont get disheartened!!! Stick with it no matter what and you will see results!!! :)

I'll buy them. Just so I have scales. My flatmate will thing I'm stupid. I went through a dieting stage over the summer and she went crazy with me. I know she will go crazy with this. But I will hide it I guess...in my cupboard :)
  • AshAmzing
    Options
    I'm with ouryear. I weigh myself once in the morning and go from there. I've gotten to the point in my WL that I already know the number before stepping on the scale. Now, if you're weighing yourself all throughout the day after you eat, go to the bathroom, do exercise, etc. - that's obsessive, and when I was first losing weight, that was me. To stop this, I had to set limits for myself. I only allow myself to go into the bathroom if I need to put towels away.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I usually take the batteries out of the scale. It makes it a lil harder to weigh yourself compulsively. I would just put the batteries in once a week.
  • Danimal87
    Options
    if you buy a scale buy a good one that tells you BF%, water weight, and bone weight, YOU HAE TO WEIGHT UR SELF WITH NO SOCKS ND USUALLY NUDE IS Best, just because a shirt and undies and pants all could be an extra half a lb.. but remember that it does take time and to weigh ur self like once a week! it keeps you more confident... when u see larger numbers drop off this is of course my opinon
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I usually take the batteries out of the scale. It makes it a lil harder to weigh yourself compulsively. I would just put the batteries in once a week.

That's such a clever idea!
    I will need you guys to keep me on track :)!
    I bought them. Will see how it goes.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    if you buy a scale buy a good one that tells you BF%, water weight, and bone weight, YOU HAE TO WEIGHT UR SELF WITH NO SOCKS ND USUALLY NUDE IS Best, just because a shirt and undies and pants all could be an extra half a lb.. but remember that it does take time and to weigh ur self like once a week! it keeps you more confident... when u see larger numbers drop off this is of course my opinon

If you read my post. I'm a skint student. I can't afford those. I can barely afford this £10 one.
  • AshAmzing
    Options
    Just buy what you can afford and then if you want a nicer one, just save up! When I was first starting out, I bought a cheap one that just told me what I weighed. I didn't need to know all the extras.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Just buy what you can afford and then if you want a nicer one, just save up! When I was first starting out, I bought a cheap one that just told me what I weighed. I didn't need to know all the extras.

Too true :)! I will get one once I have my own place...if that ever happens. :)
  • lindseycole17
    Options
    You should definitely buy a bathroom scale so you can see if you are progressing like you would like. But do NOT weigh yourself 5 times a day. Your weight fluctuates throughout the day going up and down. It is best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before breakfast; it is when your actual weight is the most accurate. Even better, only once a week, on the same day, at the same time. Good luck!
  • limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well from my experience the cheaper the scale the crappier they are.
    I bought a $20one last year.
    And it would weight me in at a higher weight then I was suppose to be.
    I relies this because my dad has one of those expensive scales that the hospital use.
    He goes to dialysis 3 times a week and he has to weight himself at the hospital each time.
    His scale at home is as accurate as the one at the hospital.
    So one day, I go there and use his scale and BAM I'm 12 pounds lighter then I was on my scale.
    So I threw mine out and decided to use my dads for now on.
    It's more accurate then a junkie $20 scale
    I
    The price range is about 100$ or so for these scales.
    But there well worth it.
    My suggestion the cheap scales are garbage and the digital ones are just as bad.
    The digital ones just roam and they never come up with the same weight.
    Hope this helps
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I can't afford $100.
    Aha. I will consider asking for it for my 21st birthday present in July :D!
  • limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Best times to weight yourself.
    Is in the morning before breakfast and shower.
    And after you whent to the bathroom.
    That will be your true weight.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and I have noticed that is I eat lase at night Iam heavier in the morning,like the food has not digested or something. Weighing every day also lets me know if I am drinking enough water.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I bought the cheapest scale I could find and later confirmed that it does weigh about 10 pounds less than the good one at the doctor's office. But honestly, the number's not that important, it's the downward trend.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and I have noticed that is I eat lase at night Iam heavier in the morning,like the food has not digested or something. Weighing every day also lets me know if I am drinking enough water.

I agree.
    If I eat after 8pm. My stomach is bloated in the morning
    However, if I don't it's relatively flat (well...as flat as it can get)
  • Danimal87
    Options

If you read my post. I'm a skint student. I can't afford those. I can barely afford this £10 one.

**** it doesnt have to be that expensive! look online and you can find the, REALLY cheap. ever hear of ebay? i got mine at walmart for about $30 american and its a highly rated brand...
  • Simonscat
    Options
    Like I said...i can't even afford £10 ><!
    I don't like buying of ebay either, just one of those things.
    Student loan has screwed me over this year! Butttt! My 21st is coming up soon...well in July. Will most likely ask for a decent one then!