Tapeworm extreme - Pageant Mother

Options
tiptoethruthetulips
tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
This is sad for the daughter that her mother would put her through this.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/florida-pageant-mother-secretly-fed-daughter-tapeworms-to-help-lose-weight/story-fnet08ui-1227034000242

"SECRETLY feeding worm eggs to a child sounds like a scene out of a horror movie, but it was a reality for one teenage beauty queen, whose story was recounted on a recent episode of Discovery Health’s Untold Stories of the ER.

In an effort to make her daughter lose weight for a beauty competition, a Florida mother bought and fed tapeworm eggs to her teenage pageant star without her knowledge. Soon after, the girl was admitted to the hospital with painful stomach cramps.

The pain passed after the girl used the bathroom, and Maricar Cabral-Osori, the girl’s ER nurse, reported seeing a toilet bowl full of long tapeworms struggling to escape.

She said, “It was so gross and she had pooped all these tapeworms. There were a couple that were very long and wiggling around trying to get out of the toilet bowl.”

Cabral-Osori said the woman turned white when she saw what her daughter had passed. The guilty mother told her daughter that she had just wanted her to “lose a little weight” before the pageant.

Dr. Patricia Quinlisk of the Iowa Department of Public Health, says the use of tapeworms for weight loss is extremely dangerous.

This article was written by Emily Arata from Elite Daily and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network."

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Obviously the mom is living through her daughter. Poor kid if this is a legitimately true story.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Why do all the crazy stories come out of Florida?
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Why do all the crazy stories come out of Florida?

Thats what I was thinking! CA and FL, home to 99% of crazy stories.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's not just florida all pageant mothers seem to be crazy as a craphouse rat. The mom should be hit with charges.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    What a horrible parent. This is just pathetic and sad. That woman needs her head removed from her *kitten*.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Was this in Florida or Iowa? If the former, why the hell is Iowa Department of Health quoted?
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That passes crazy to the point that it is criminal. That "mother" needs therapy!
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    First of all, I would die, I cant even think about it I have a huge phobia of parasites. I think everytime I regained consciousness I would scream at the top of my lungs and beg for death. And if I somehow survived this ordeal I would disown this horrible demon of a mother forever.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    That's awful. She should have her child removed from her care, as she is clearly an unfit mother
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    Ew.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wtf? How is that not instant child abuse charges?