Just Need a Boost

Options
Hi all,

I've been a bit down the past few months and the scale has been going up at about the same rate. Not sure which is the cause and which is the effect, but either way, I could use some encouragement from the lovely MFP community.

Replies

• Erik228
    Erik228 Posts: 1
    Options
    Carry on! What else can we do?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    the times gonna pass anyway. might as well use it to make your future more enjoyable

you can do it. focus on what you want and what you need to get there
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks, gents. Even with getting back on the treadmill, the numbers aren't really moving yet. Maybe it's time to leave the scale alone for a while, kind of like avoiding watching the clock till the end of the work day. And to stop eating so much garbage.

Why does garbage have to be so damned tasty?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Try to string together a few good days to build up some momentum.....a little bnit of momentum can boost your confidence and take you a long way.
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's not about perfection, it's about progress - that's my favorite motto. I also like to think about the choices I'm making today and whether I'd be ashamed of them tomorrow, in 3 months, 6 months, 15 years, etc. or whether I'd be proud of the me I am today and the choices I'm making. I always try to make "future me" proud. Even if the scale doesn't show what you want it to, the fact that you fought, that you tried, that you did the right things - you can be proud of that, and likely much better off for it.

Buck up buttercup, you've got this :drinker:
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I will lose a couple of pounds for you...
  • MitchmDee
    MitchmDee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. I know when I started a couple months ago, the first few weeks I was so discouraged. It felt like nothing was changing and it was all for not.

Then one day, I saw the changes physically, the scale started to go down and I was fitting into my old clothes (some of which is too big now!).

Just keep at it. Be persistent and don't be overly hard on yourself. These are things that have really helped move me along and help me keep going. Some times it's not about the numbers going down on the scale, but just how good you're feeling.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to go through the motions, (you know, carry wood and chop water). Remember you have a great community here and lots of support. You've got this!
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, all! Sometimes a little cheer-leading as all a person needs. :smooched: