Which is the better option for a serving of fruit?

Options
Red wine, or white wine?

(I know it's not really a serving of fruit...but I can pretend.)

I can't decide which is better to sip on tonight to meet my cal goal!

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't completely understand the question, but mmmmmmmmm wine.

Do you have a certain number of fruit servings that you want to hit?

I always savour red a bit more, and tend to guzzle white like water.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I don't completely understand the question, but mmmmmmmmm wine.

Do you have a certain number of fruit servings that you want to hit?

I always savour red a bit more, and tend to guzzle white like water.

Haha, I was just trying to be silly in the title!

Just one serving should be more than enough (I only plan on getting through one episode of SVU before headed to bed). I definitely agree on the white; it goes down like juice! I think I may go with the red....it was an amazingly delicious Malbec I had with friends last week. I think I have a glass of it left. :)
  • SandyBVTN
    Options
    A show and a glass of Malbec sounds like the perfect thing right now!
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are overlooking the fact that all those little bubbles in champagne actually make it lighter. So light in fact that it has negative calories - it almost floats out of the glass. This is, like other information on these forums, a proven medical, fitness and nutritional fact. Believe me.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    You are overlooking the fact that all those little bubbles in champagne actually make it lighter. So light in fact that it has negative calories - it almost floats out of the glass. This is, like other information on these forums, a proven medical, fitness and nutritional fact. Believe me.

What if I put my wine through a soda stream? I have also heard that is scientifically correct as well for negative calories and approved by the FDA.
  • SandyBVTN
    Options
    It's pretty much air!

Side note: champagne and plain potato chips are a genius food pairing. Almost as good as the delicious celery and water combo I've got going on at the moment.
  • degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Red is the best option, less residual sugars, so fewer calories than white.
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options

What if I put my wine through a soda stream? I have also heard that is scientifically correct as well for negative calories and approved by the FDA.

Wait. Is that a thing you can do? I mean, I never saw the point of a soda stream but now I'm starting to see the light!
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Wait. Is that a thing you can do? I mean, I never saw the point of a soda stream but now I'm starting to see the light!

Haha, well the negative calories thing definitely isn't true..but I really want to know if you can put it through one of those machines to make it bubbly! If you can do it to water...you must be able to do it to wine. They're both liquid!
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    quote: Haha, well the negative calories thing definitely isn't true..but I really want to know if you can put it through one of those machines to make it bubbly! If you can do it to water...you must be able to do it to wine. They're both liquid!
    [/quote]

definitely isn't true … EXCUSE ME ! - clearly you are just like a lot of these message board users - come on here, ask for help and receive sound and validated nutritional advice and then (the cheek of it) denigrate and ignore it
    << stomps off in huff to drink champagne>>
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Haha, well the negative calories thing definitely isn't true..but I really want to know if you can put it through one of those machines to make it bubbly! If you can do it to water...you must be able to do it to wine. They're both liquid!
    definitely isn't true … EXCUSE ME ! - clearly you are just like a lot of these message board users - come on here, ask for help and receive sound and validated nutritional advice and then (the cheek of it) denigrate and ignore it
    << stomps off in huff to drink champagne>>

Please forgive me!