Does 15 pounds loss make a difference on someone who i s 5'3

Options
I sm 5'3 snd I have 15 more lbs to go.I was hoping it will come ofg my thighs.Will it make huge impact in my appearance?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Well it's important to keep hope alive :smile:

I'm at about the same place I am 5'2" and have 10 more pounds to lose and I am really hoping it will come off my thighs but the truth is it will come off where it wants. I do work my legs pretty hard and have seen some improvement in them toning up but no weight loss at this point.

I would just offer that depending on your thighs you may be able to tone them up and then they will appear smaller.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes it'll make a difference.
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It should be a big difference. Try on some clothes that didn't quite fit before.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    15lbs is a super big deal at that height. It might be a good time to start weight training too to focus on body recomposition :)
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and lost 15 pounds. I started at 163. I have lost 3 inches on my hips which sounds small but is a very big difference. My waist is almost down to a 27 from a 29. I went down a dress size and probably a couple of pants sizes. If you're over 200 pounds it might not be as noticeable but yeah 15 pounds is a chunk.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will. I'm 5'7, and I have lost a total of 14lbs since I started (it says 2lbs on my profile, but I started prior to MFP), and that loss has resulted in my dropping a full pant size (if not, 1.5 pants sizes). I'm sure 15lbs will make an even greater difference with someone of your height!
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" on a tall day and after 10 lbs, I dropped from a regular size 8 dress to petite size 4. Everyone's different, but you'll totally see a difference!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" on a tall day and after 10 lbs, I dropped from a regular size 8 dress to petite size 4. Everyone's different, but you'll totally see a difference!

Wow that's a pretty big difference for 10 pounds! Any kind of dress or specific cuts?
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2"" and 5 lbs is almost a size difference. Ive gone from 150 to 123 size10 to a 2. I lifted the whole time so i have a good amount of muscle.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 7 lbs so far. It's made a big difference already. So I say yes it most likely will
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Two gallons of milk = 16 lbs.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a few months but new to the whole forum/chatting thing so I don't have photos up.

I wish I could show you my transformation though so far, to prove it makes a difference. I was 145 lbs at my heaviest ever, but around 141/142 lbs when I started to seriously and deliberately lose weight and weighed in at 127 lbs this morning.

Whenever I see someone I haven't seen in a month or two the very first thing they say is "you've lost weight". Everyone notices. I even notice. My legs are thinner - thighs are 2 inches circumference smaller now, stomach is much flatter and my arms are thinner. I was verging on chubby-fat at 145 lbs, now I look pretty normal/slim but still have retained some curves. Now they are sexy and real curves, though! Rather than just fat "curves".
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    congratulations on you loss! 15 pounds will absolutely make a difference. I'm 5 3.5 and in the 15 pounds I've lost thus far, I went from a size 8 to (yesterday morning), size 4. I do a lot of strength training and I'm not really seeing poundage come off so much as I got INTO SIZE 4!