Finally got my tummy tuck and arm lift :)

Options

Replies

• MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How did you make a case to get your insurance to partially cover your adominoplasty?

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and they pretty much always cover part of it in cases of massive weight loss. Although my surgeon assured me of this, she took pictures of an infection I had going on with my bellybutton (which were frequent and uncomfortable) and sent that along as well to prove that it was medically necessary.
    If you don't mind sharing, how big of a scar do you have on your abdomen? And where is the scar on your arms?

The scar on my abdomen goes about halfway around my body, stopping around where my armpits are. I got one sitting, as that's how you can see the swelling best, and which parts have gone down - the scar should be fairly straight once all of it has gone down, but I am only about 2 and a half weeks out. The doctor's office is taking comparison photos at 4 weeks, so if they look significantly different, which they should, I'll post those up as well.

yo1sjjL.jpg?1

The scars on my arms are on the very bottom and are difficult to see unless I raise my arms decently high - people don't tend to notice them unless I point them out (which was almost a problem in the hospital a few times!).

My right arm
    w8OBgrr.jpg?2

And left arm
    41cOqdw.jpg?1

As you can see, there's not much irritation. On the left arm, there are still a few scabs that need to come off, but they're both healing pretty nicely at this point, and I don't wear the wraps on them at all anymore.
    Do you mind sharing how long you waited after you reached your goal before having the surgery?

I was at 192 in December when my doctor told me I could begin searching out a surgeon to perform the surgeries. He told me I would probably be within 10% of that for most of my life, because I'd maintained there for a while (although in reality, I had been losing, just reallllllly slowly). Well, I began looking into surgeries, but I also began losing weight more actively because he'd irritated me. I'm now 164, which is around 13% down from that, and plan to lose around ten more.

That was a long answer to what you were asking, but I can summarize it as saying I was not exactly at my goal when I got the surgery, but have been consistent about weight loss and maintaining my weight for quite a while.

Thank you again to everybody posting nice things <333
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! Congratulations!
  • FantASSticallyFit
    FantASSticallyFit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You must feel great!
  • ddas66
    ddas66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome Story. You are and look great. Thanks for sharing your inspiring stories
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on such a great job (losing 159 lbs). You look amazing!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss! I need the same plastic surgery for my loose skin but when I went to Plastics dr it was like $10,000 just for those two combo surgeries and my insurance would not pay zip! I hate my batwing upper arms. I still wear cap sleeves and sleeveless and you can see my arm muscles from working out but that dang loose skin ! UGH! I worry about the drains and complication also of having it done too!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    you look great keep up the good work!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is simply amazing and so inspirational! It just gives me SO much hope! You look wonderful, and the healing is going great! In two more years I'm having my surgery. Before I do, I'd like to get off roughly 30lbs. There's obviously a LOT I want done, but the three things that are highest on my priority list are my stomach, arms, and breasts (being middle aged, having given birth/breastfeeding, and the massive weight loss has taken it's toll on them, and they're no longer remotely where they're supposed to be.) I'm not sure if there are any surgeons that will do all three at the same time, but it would sure be a dream if they would!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nice! I know this is rude...but may I ask how much an operation like those you had costs?
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A-mazing! You look great.
  • TheBookSiren2316
    Options
    Astounding. You look AMAZING! Great job on your weightloss as well and proving that doctor wrong lol. <3 I hope you heal quickly.
  • mslee369
    mslee369 Posts: 29
    Options
    You look incredible!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations! You look amazing, I'm glad it all went well for you!

:flowerforyou:
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You look brilliant
  • Kimpop42
    Kimpop42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After my 85lb. weight loss I made the decision to have a Maxopexy (Just a lift) and it was one of the best things I have ever done. I went from a 40 E to a 36 D without removing any breast tissue just the skin. Next up is the arm surgery. I never thought my arms would bother me as much as they do. Thank you so much for being open and sharing your experience and pictures!!!! Congrats on your transformation!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i don't think you needed surgery on your arms. But, great job! You look great!!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing - you look awesome!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!