oz on my scales?? confused.com lol

Options
Hi guys...
was after some help...may sound really daft, but on my new scales it has oz, never had ones that had these before..
but the highest it goes to is .8oz so does this mean that .2 is actually 4 oz... .4 is 8oz .6 is 12 etc etc..?? i.e 8 being the 16oz... but then wouldnt hitting 8 take it to the next pound?? confused.com
really really would appreciate somebody to clear this up for me please...
Thanks
Kel x

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    it just means it rounds....it isn't accurate enough that it gives you teh 105.1 it would either round down to 105.0 or 105.2 that's all. I have a scale that does that too.....I just use the ounces as a guide to the next pound, stay with the whole number and use the ounces to see if you are close to the next one. Hope you can understand what I am saying.
  • anewg
    anewg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it is just rounding, .8 is equal to 8/10s of a pound.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    LOL you're really close! After .8 comes 1, so in a way.... .8 would be 12oz. Although I don't know if it necessarily goes that way.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Scales that run oz usually go 2oz, 4oz, 6oz, 8oz then up or down 1lb. So if you weigh 160.2 and you lose 4oz. you'll weigh 159.8. Hope that makes sense!!
  • jadee76
    jadee76 Posts: 29
    Options
    each .2 pounds is actually 3.2 oz.

so .8 equals 12.8 oz.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    each .2 pounds is actually 3.2 oz.

so .8 equals 12.8 oz.

This!! It isn't actually telling you how many oz, it is telling you what percentage of a pound it it.
  • cckk177
    Options
    yay!!!! thanks soooo much makes sense now.. It was driving me mad... I generally go wiv the pounds but like to know if im close to it going dwon another 1!!! lol
    Thanks soooo much!!!
    xxxx