Half way to goal - Thought I would share my results so far

Options
lawandfitness
lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
Hi All,

So I am not at MY goal yet, but have come a long way since I started. First, my story...

I have been heavy most of my life. I have never really been smaller than a size 14. After I met my husband and got comfortable, my weight started creeping up. When I got pregnant with my first child, I was obese. This did not stop me from overdoing it in the eating department. I had gained 50 pounds. About 1.5 years after having him, I was surprised to find out I was pregnant a second time. This caught me off guard, as I still had not dropped all the weight I gained during pregnancy number 1. After I had the baby, I went to my post-birth appointment and I weighed in at 302. A number I have never seen or even been close to before. I was miserable and then began to suffer Postpartum depression.

About a year after my second child (November 2012), I decided I needed to do something about my weight. I decided to start watching what I ate and joined MFP. By this point I had lost some weight, but was still weighing in at 285. I started following a paleo eating plan and exercised somewhat at home using JM 30 day shred and Insanity. After 4 months of this I was down 40 pounds. I got another job and my diet began to slowly slip away. I fully reverted back to my old eating habits and 27 of the 40 pounds I had lost were back on. This was in 1 short year of working at my new job.

Finally on April 22, 2014, I decided I was tired of looking this way and got back on track. I started a low carb diet since I was a carb-a-holic and sugar addict. Since starting this low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet, I have had a lot of success. I am still eating food that tastes amazing and I am watching to pounds and inches melt away. I feel I am finally at a point in my life where I know that a diet is exactly what it is.... just a diet. I know that I need to monitor my eating habits for life.

As for my results, I have lost an insane amount of inches (haven't really kept track, but i am down 4 pant sizes) and I have lost a total of 50 pounds since April 22,2014 and 63 pounds since November 2012 and 84 pounds since (August 2011).

Here is my progress pic. The one on the left (black and white photo) is from November 2013 and the one on the right is from August 16, 2014.

pkgyoso

edited to fix img

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!