cool 52 yr old artist mom looking for friends

Options
loving this program, and looking to friend people facing the same challenges and goals. Trying to lose 60 lbs, but i mean, like really this time i want to do it.

Join me please?

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in California... 46... mom of 3 kids... a boy who is 20, a girl 18 and boy 13... . let's encourage each other !!!!!! ... I totally blew it today... chocolate craving!!!!

My hormones are out of whack... haven't had a period for awhile... think that has something to do with my chocolate cravings?

Good Luck!
  • kpr804
    kpr804 Posts: 4
    Options
    I live near Sacramento...have 4 kids, boy 32, boy 27, girl 26, girl 14.

My hormones are out of whack also. I just started today and hope to lose at least 8 lbs each month.
  • misslo718
    misslo718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had my kids late. I'm 52, and I have 2 boys - 13 and 9. YES I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD. I always fought a few pounds, but it went to hell after the second kid. And yes ladies, you can get pregnant the old-fashioned way at 42.

I am still getting my period, and i'd love to blame the hormones (which probably have something to do with it), but I know i also have hand-to-mouth syndrome.
  • JimH56
    JimH56 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey! You have taken a great step. I am 54 and looking to lose weight and to get fit. I have three boys 31, 30 and 11. My wife turned me onto this, and this site has been great for me. I can easily track calories and exercise on the go, and the feedback is great. Good Luck. Friend me if you would like.
  • armstrong2224
    Options
    You're like me - I had my kids late and the old-fashioned way, too. I'm 50 with boys 12 years old and 9 years old. Don't know how much I need to lose because I quit looking at the scale when it went over 155. I'd like to be between 130-135, but that may never happen for me again.

Really, it's about being healthy, not skinny. I have more energy when I'm thinner, which I need to be able to keep up with these boys! As an "older" mom, the weight and the lack of energy both wear me out. Maybe on Fitness Pass I'll be able to keep track of what I'm eating better.
  • karin037
    karin037 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I'm 47. Had my kids early. I have 2 daughters, ages 29 and 24. I have a 5 year old granddaughter. I had a mini stroke in October. Just trying to lose weight to be healthy.
  • kpr804
    kpr804 Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh wow...our kids are about the same age-32yr son, 28yr son, 27yr daughter, 15yr daughter. I joined myfitnesspay about a yr ago and I was able to lose about 15 lbs, but then stopped and the lbs came back on. I am trying to lose 30 lbs.

Lets cheer each other on !!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Let me know if I can help I'm 51 and am trying to get back in shape and lose some weight, been working way to much over the last few years. And I have three teenagers 19, 17, and a 14. Good Luck to all and friend me if you'd like.
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a 48 year old mother of 3 boys, 27, 23 & 15. Want to lose this weight before my family medical history catches up with me :happy: I have done great these first 2 days and hope and pray that I have the stick-with-it this time. Have made a huge change in my life this past year (divorced after 28 years) and am ready to take care of myself. Good luck and would love to be your friend!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Proud geezer mom of elementary school boy... I have been tracking the food for a long time but I can't seem to give up enough calories... perhaps it's the wine and chocolate? such that I have been in premature maintenance with 20 pounds to go for like 15 years. That short term blip down on the scale from breast feeding wasn't enough incentive to have another kid. But I love the site because it keeps me honest and motivated to exercise. I am stronger and more flexible even if I haven't shrunk to a size 10.