Anyone trying to lose more than 50 lbs?

Options
I need to lose about 85 pounds i think and i was just wondering if anyone wants to add me who has to lost that much. I need people who are in the same boat as me for support and help on this journey. And who knows? 8 months down the line we could all be the weight we want to be! I managed to lose about 35 lbs last summer but i put it all back on again after a holiday where i ate what i wanted! I dont want ti to happen again so this time im really gonna try! So anyway add me! :)

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey, I hear you on gaining the weight after working so hard to lose it. I am wanting to lose about 90 lbs, I've been working at it now for three weeks and having pretty good success. I have also found this site makes keeping track of everything very easy.. Good luck with your life change...
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    ME! I have to lose about 85. Im 5 into it!!!!
  • majikal6
    Options
    Yep...95lbs. And I must say...I'm kicking *kitten*. :)

You can do it. No worries. You'll be at your goal before you know it. :)
  • nonamecindy
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cynthia and yes I am trying to lose over 50 pounds at the age of 51. In the past I have been able too but, the older I get the harder it is. So let's encourage each other and talk on a regular basis and see how each other is doing. Happy losing..
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go with clothes size rather than weight, but to get to the dress size I want (going on what I weighed last time I was that dress size!) I need to lose well over 50 lbs.
  • mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Me too... I need to lose about 90lbs!! This year my one goal is to lose 50 of that and stick with my good eating & workout habits!. Small steps lead to great Success!
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm in the same boat. I started something kind of fun too. I started posting mini goals at the beginning of the week for my MFPals to try then on mons then we update our status' on mon to show how we did, how we felt about it, and any results. All the goals are set so you can do them no matter what level you are. This week is add 15 mins strength training to each of you current workouts. You can still try it. I'll post a new one on sat. I am almost finished with my nursing degree and have taken fitness and nutrition classes so I would be happy to answer any questions you have there too. Best of Luck to you!
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    I have about 60pounds to lose...WELCOME:)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I need to lose nearly twice as much as you lol. I'm almost 1/3 of the way there! You can do it!!!!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have lost 88lbs and have 32 to go before I get to my goal. I really haven't decided though if that will be my ultimate goal as of yet. Anyhow, the more support the better!!! Sending a friend request! Good luck on your journey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have at least 86 to lose if not more(probably more like 106 depending how i feel).... sending a request your way!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I want to lose about 128 lbs!!! Feel free to add me...and that goes for all of you!!!! =) We're in this together!!
  • cynhamm
    cynhamm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 pounds and have another 80-90 to go.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I started out at 230 pounds I lost 33 keept it off but stalled out there,so now im trying mfp to lose that extra 57 or so
    Im with ya!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    im aiming for 100 lbs total loss.
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    I have at least 80 pounds to lose(probably more like 100 depending upon how I feel once I get to the first goal). I've been at this for not quite two weeks and already feel fantastic. Anyone can add me as a friend too.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 pounds -- and I am 1/4 of the way there.
    You can do it, good luck on your journey!!
  • mayana2002
    Options
    I need to lose 60-65 pounds... WE will do it!
  • melissashparago89
    Options
    I'm 7 pounds away from 50, and after that I have another 10 left to lose.
  • Erius
    Erius Posts: 23
    Options
    I started out having to lose 78.5 lbs. I've now lost 51.1 lbs!!! Still 27.4 lbs to go, but looking at how far I've come since August 20th 2010, I'm very proud of myself. I've been over weight for half of my life, so I understand the struggle. You can do it! Your mind has to be ready. No one else can tell you to do it when it isn't coming together for you. I had been trying after my 3rd baby to start losing the weight, but I wasn't feeling it, so I struggled and put on the 15 lbs I had lost during my pregnancy. Then, August 20th, everything clicked. I was ready. And look at me now!!! So...if you are truly ready to make that change, you will see results. We are all here to support each other! Good luck!