Newbie here

Options
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website while I was looking at Weight Watchers and deciding if I wanted to join.
It looks like it will help me so I will give it a try! I will take any helpfull hints recipes etc.
Looking forward to losing weight!
keepnfaith88222.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this website while I was looking at Weight Watchers and deciding if I wanted to join.
    It looks like it will help me so I will give it a try! I will take any helpfull hints recipes etc.
    Looking forward to losing weight!
    keepnfaith88222.png
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :flowerforyou: xxx
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi KeepnFaith & Welcome! You have just made a great decision. I joined this site July 1 and have lost 14 pounds so far, with about 20 to go! :blushing: Really, I love this site. The folks here are so helpful and encouraging. Just now I was tempted to snack, so I decided to log in and see what's happening. Now I don't even want that snack!

You'll like it much better than Weight Watchers (BeenThereDoneThat :ohwell: ). MFP is the best site I've found so far, and being totally FREE is a wonderful thing, too. :love:

If you have questions, just log 'em on here and you'll get a myriad of answers, mostly encouraging. We've had, since I've been here, just a couple of "grumps" :grumble: :grumble: who were a bit impatient with things (like the popups, or just wanting to gripe about something, I guess), but 95% of the family so far really seem to love this place. I'm sure you will, too! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Best of Success to you.
    Marti (Kentucky Grandma)
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, I have also done weight watchers before, I did like it but financially even though it doesnt cost much I would really rather spend my hard earned cash on something else. How do you get those cute little weight loss bars? I will need one by next week! lol hopefully (:smile:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Newbie, Welcome, So where ya from????
    You will love this site, I joined last week and found it very addictive
    Zoe
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    I am from Southern California on the CA /AZ border, you? 88222.png
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome Keepnfaith,
    You'll do well here. it's a great site with lots of freindly and encouragiing people.
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Encouragement is what I need!!!!!
    WOW, I know I'm gonna like this and I am going to give this site to a friend of mine who also needs lots of encouragement.
    YAY:bigsmile: 88222.png
  • LREheart
    LREheart Posts: 31
    Options
    welcome! I'm from Southern California also.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm also from Southern California. this is a great site with a lot of great people. good luck. :smile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined today too and feel the same way as keepnfaith. By the way, I liked your suggestion on the other posting about the chocolate craving. I am very hopeful that this website will be the key to finally getting on track. Good luck to you!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome to all the newbies! I've been here for a little over a month and love it. My weight loss had all but stopped & I'm seeing movement since I've started here. Good luck to all I know you're going to love it here!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Your progress is impressive. Thanks again for the encouragement.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    welcome! :) you'll love it here :heart:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • keepnfaith
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!!!
    This place is awesome I can feel it, lots of support and encouragement it seems and believe me me when I say "I need encouragement and support!!!"
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm new, too! Good luck! :happy: