Food for FOOTBALL game!!

Options
Because I'm from Chicago, tomorrow's BEARS vs. PACKERS game is all everyone is talking about! My boyfriend and I are going to a neighbor's party to watch the game. I'd like to bring some kind of food.. it can be an appetizer, main dish, dessert.. anything! I was wondering if anyone has a delicious low-cal, low-fat recipe? I'd like to have at least one healthy snack so I'm not tempted to eat all the other fattening foods that will be there. GO BEARS!! :)

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yes! i have the best recipee for that kind of thing. You need : a pack of sugar free jello strawberry flavor, whipped cream regular not low fat cause the low fat has more fat then the regular, one cup of chopped straberries, and one gram cracker pie crust. What you do is mix the jello package in with the whipped cream. Dont cook the jello just mix it in with the whipped cream. Spread it out over your gram cracker pie pan. PLace the strawberries on top in a pretty way. put the pie in the fridge for an hour then its good to serve. The worse part of this calorie wise is the cram cracker pie crust but you are going to splurge alittle anyway.
  • Anidorie
    Options
    o you could fix up a veggie plater. ct some cellary, carrot sticks, tomatoes, and whatever else you like and but a thing of dip in the middle.
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I second the veggie platter with a low-cal dip or even hummus. Otherwise a fruit salad, which looks really pretty with lots of different fruit in it! Pretty basic ideas but they look good and taste good and are healthy!

One more comment though... GO PACKERS!!! :)
  • joygwen
    joygwen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For something sweet you can make cupcakes with regular cake mix and use either unsweet applesauce and water or pumpkin and water. I've never done the unsweetened applesauce but if you do the pumpkin it's best with chocolate cake mix, one can of pumpkin and about a cup of water. Then you can 'ice' them with cool whip.

As far as other appetizers, fruit and veggie trays are always an easy go to snack but there are a lot of great low cal/low fat recipes out there. I like to use allrecipes.com

I'm going tonight to a bridal party of sorts. We're tasting wines to pick one of the wedding and snacking all night long and then going to a cake testing tomorrow to pick the cake...uhg! I just finally saw the scale move again and now this. I'm going to try my best to not go crazy.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, I would to provide you with a recipe but since you ended the post with "Go Bears" I feel compelled to not allow it!
    Just kidding -- big Packer fan here!

I like a Fiesta Salad
    - lettuce
    -salsa
    - chicken breasts
    - crushed Doritos (small amounts)

YUMMY!
  • reeree0406
    reeree0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's a good ww shrimp

Cajun Shrimp with Old Bay Mayonnaise

3/4cup fat free mayonnaise
    1 scallion, finely chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
    3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
    1 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp
    1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
    2 teaspoons olive oil

1. Combine mayo, scallion, garlic, lemon juice and Old Bay seasoning in a small bowl.
    2. Combine the shrimp and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl.
    3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until just lightly browned and opaque in the center 1 1/2- 2 minutes per side. Serve at once with Old Bay mayonnaise.

Serves 4
    Points 3
    Core recipe

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/recipes/454038-weight-watchers-low-fat-friendly-recipes-2.html#ixzz1BmTInZKp
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I "third" the suggestion on the veggie platter. I just love hummus as a veggie dip! Walmart sells "marketplace" hummus and it is very good.

GO PACK GO!
  • Anidorie
    Options
    toss a salad together. other women will probbably be dieting too and they will appreciate it. share recipees and mfp!
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    the Veggie tray is a great idea. Unfortunately, all of my party recipes tend to be on the yummy, fattening side. GO PACK GO!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hehe I think you are a bit out numbered here!
    But we still love you even though your a Bears fan!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Jets fans here!

We are making baked chicken wings with buffalo sauce and a salad for ourselves. Grilled sausages for the friends.

I am so scared!!!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Homemade poppers

12 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
    Fat free cream cheese
    12 pieces of raw turkey bacon
    12 raw shrimp (optional)

Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese top with shrimp (if you're using them) wrap with half a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpick and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 until bacon is cooked and jal is just getting tender approx 15 min. If you like the bacon crispier then cook them on a wire rack over the cookie sheet. Soooo delicious!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I'm also gonna have to suggest a veggie platter. All the recipes sound amazing, but I've always noticed a distinct lack of veggies at football parties. And they're finger food, so easier to eat than a salad.
    And (surprise) the veggie platter is always the first to go! In my experience anyway. Everyone munches on it and it's gone super fast. haha
  • meghan171
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!