Alcohol dilemma

Options
Hit the 2 stone mark today. Going out with friends tonight. Saved enough calories for 3 double vodka's but oh my god I am HUNGRY. Not sure what to do............!!

Replies

• MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I just don't drink anymore. I order diet coke at the bar and bring it back to my table. No one knows if it has booze in it or not. Or, you could opt for something less caloric....perhaps a Diet Coke and Vodka instead of double vodka? Or just have one instead of 3?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love ticking off stones. Have to lose 8 but am working toward five now.

You should do what will make you happy. If you want to indulge, do that! Eating a little so you don't get plastered might be nice. Eating so you don't starve might be nice, too. If this is a rare thing and you feel like making the decision to go over today, just do it. :) It's when indulging becomes a daily, weekly thing that it stops being an indulgence and is more a habit. A day to indulge a little every six or eight weeks is a while other ball game.

If you'd rather stick to the diet, by all means, do that!

Whatever makes you happiest. :)
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. This is definitely a rare thing for me but last time I did it (I drank over my calories) I put on 3lb which took me 2 weeks to get off again. I'm dreading that will happen again.......but sometimes you have to go out and have fun because what is the point in living.........DILEMMA.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Last time I drank I had two strawberitas (the big cans), but I knew ahead of time I was going to so I calculated the calories, plus my food and just got on the bike (two hours) until I was back in a deficit before I started drinking. :flowerforyou:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree with doing what you want. If your hungry workout and eat something as a post workout meal . But not having anything in your tummy regardless wil make you more plastered than you could be. Have a protein shake blended with crushed ice and water. Protein powder isn't high in calories and you wil have your vitamins and minerals and the protein to keep you full. Have that with a slice of bread and a thin layer of peanut butter for carbs and you should be set for a fun night! Frozen protein powder shake with a slice of pb bread.

Last time I drank was for a joint bachelor/bacholorette for brothers & his fiancé's party earlier this month. I had TRIED 3 AWESOME drinks I never had before- 2 Mai Tai's, a Blue Hawaiin and 2 Sex on the Beach (I recommend all 3 btw :tongue: )plus booze on the bus and jack at the cottage yep I actually remember that night and the morning after wasnt too bad FTW ...we had pizza though that night and cheesy bread so that helped me out with the alcohol ...
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Hit the 2 stone mark today. Going out with friends tonight. Saved enough calories for 3 double vodka's but oh my god I am HUNGRY. Not sure what to do............!!

Have fun and some extra food!

The water weight will come off in a couple of days.

Trust yourself! You're going to have to do this for the rest of your life, you may as well get used to the fun times too and how you deal with them, physically and mentally.

I always think it's better to overeat and have the alcohol rather than having alcohol on low calories. It's a bit mean on the body.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Three double vodkas on a pretty much empty stomach? You'll regret that in the morning. How about cutting down on the vodka and having something to eat?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    three double vodkas on an empty stomach are not a good idea. eat something.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink hungry...at least for me it is never a good idea. You could log your alcohol and food and workout extra tomorrow to burn off whatever calories you went over your daily limit. I have done this in the past- logged workout calories from the day before or after drinking on the day that I actually drank, so I can still eat enough without feeling guilty about going over my calories. Hope that helps!
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Eat before or you will get drunk and then eat everything in sight because you'll still be hungry ;) Or at least that's what happens to me if I drink while hungry-
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    2 stone is worth celebrating, eat a little, drink a little, celebrate. Tomorrow, get back to it. You have to learn to relax a little now and then. I went on holiday and had 2 delicious cocktails, when I broke them down for logging they were 1000 calories, and I was 700 over for the day. Just made sure I had a good few days to make up for it!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to eat something if you're going to be drinking. You are celebrating and one night is not going to destroy all your work. Have fun!