Pregnancy fitness

Options
Hey guys, I am not new to myfitnasspal but I have been inconsistent due to having found out I was pregnant. I am now 14 weeks along and the first trimester is behind me, is there anyone else here trying to stay fit and healthy during pregnancy or does anyone have advice?

Thanks kirsty

Replies

• kayHelk
    kayHelk Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 29 weeks along and have been trying to stay as healthy as I can. Since I got pregnant while overweight I'm not really supposed to gain any weight. I have gained some (all my fault) but I find that if I carb cycle I tend to eat healthier and be better. I also try to do 10min of walking or the elliptical a day with 3 days a week of 30min; if I can get more in the better but those are my min goals. Now I have issues with my hip/leg due to an injury in the past so I can't workout like most people and have to watch my food more than anything. But in general just try to eat right and do something daily. I've even lost some weight while pregnant when I'm good.

Personally I have 1500 calories as my limit per day however if I'm hungry I eat just try to make it good choices like snack on fruits or veggies. After all your focus should just be the baby and as long as you try to stay healthy for the baby you'll be fine!
  • nikkisueslipper
    nikkisueslipper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a several week behind you both but been on MyFitnessPal for a while. Been inconsistant too but like you, wanted to kick it back into gear to make sure I don't gain too much. Hoping you are checking with your doctor on your caloric intake. 1500 sounds pretty low even to maintain your weight. What I understand is being overweight to start out, weight gain should be between 15 and 25lbs.

What I have read and trying to do is prenatal yoga on the mornings I'm not sick and at least a 30 minute walk everyday.I was running and working out before pregancy, although still not at my weight goal, I was active. My doctor told me no lifting weights and my heartrate cannot go over 145 so it's frustrating. Then mixing it with the tremendous fatigue is getting me on the other end!

Best of luck to you both. Love to become friends with you on here during our pregnancies!
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 weeks pregnant and looking for others who are pregnant with the goal of having a healthy pregnancy. I'm worried about gaining too much weight, as I think I put on more weight than needed in my first trimester already.

What are some workouts that you're managing well right now?
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Are you going to a prenatal yoga class or are you doing it at home?
  • kp306308
    kp306308 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks and going through the same thing! Not very good at motivating myself to eat healthy while half sick and tired. :-/ This weekend I'm going to try and prep some meals to bring to work, and for after work.
    And if I don't eat every 2-3 hours I'm sick again! I'll be glad when this passes!
  • kayHelk
    kayHelk Posts: 5
    Options
    Just to add after nikkisueslipp's post (which has great points) I'm trying to stay around 1500 calories, my doctor wants me between 1300-1600 so its been verified. Also check with your doctor cause not everyone has a set weight to gain. I was told from the start to not gain a pound! which sadly I have gained about 10lbs but everyone is different so make sure you talk with them.

I was working out prior to becoming pregnant as well so I have been trying to continue with modification, I did PiYo when it was released for awhile and continued walking but now I can only walk 10min at a time and not as often due to hip issues. So please do talk with your doctor, it's amazing the things they'll say that might make things easier for you rather than harder!

Oh and I totally recommend doing some type of stretching/yoga/etc. (my doctor is a huge advocate for it) just remember not to over stretch since your ligaments are extra loose. I have issues with my right hip/leg due to an accident a few years back and this keeps me going. Also helps in general and feels awesome!
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am about 11 weeks and have switched into maintenance mode, which for me is about 2000 calories. I lost 8 lbs over the past couple months (I had no idea I was pregnant) so my Doc put me in maintenance from here on out. This is #3 for me and I have learned my lessons well... With my first I put on nearly 60 lbs which took me 4 years to lose. With my second I put on only about 20, which I had lost pretty much by about 6 weeks post-partum (most was lost at birth, which was convenient.) This time I hope, again, to only put on about 15-20 so I can continue my journey after the baby is born and hopefully get those last 12 lbs off!!

I worked out through my entire 2nd pregnancy doing yoga, stretching, and some arm weights. It was nice to tone my arms as my belly grew! Made me feel like a strong mama!
  • brendastone
    brendastone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 6 weeks along and have been using MFP for years! I love it! I'm using it to keep my weight gain in check - 20-25lbs at most. I'm 5'3, 150 (a little overweight to begin with), but I really want this pregnancy to be healthy! It's my first, and I've been trying to get 30 minutes of activity in during the day, but noticed yesterday that I started spotting brown and then again today when I went for a 20 minute walk.

My BMR is right at about 1350 so that's what I've got my calorie intake at. I can't see my midwife until week 8, so I'll be asking about that for sure when I go in!

Good luck to all of us! And Congratulations, Mamas!