Working out at home

Options
Anyone know of good working out routine for the home?!
I live in a flat, so jumping around is gonna be hard! Don't want to irritate the people downstairs even though they are irritating me with their construction works!

Any free exercise videos...and such?!

I want to aim to so at least 100 push ups, sit ups, crunches, planks, squats a day! But currently no motivation!

Replies

• clingybabe
    clingybabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is a great plan for pushups and situps. It is 100 pushups a day or something like that. I think if you google it, you will find it. It says you can do 100 pushups a day after sticking with the program for 6 weeks (If I recall correctly). It gives you a workout plan to do that. I tried it once, but didn't get past 2 weeks, I wasn't committed enough. But I think I might try it again. Check it out anyway and see what you think.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pilates might be a good option if you're looking for toning rather than cardio at home.
    I live in a flat too. I have a nice thick rug in my living room and I still do SOME jumping around to JM 30 day shred - it's a great workout!! I haven't got any complaints from the people below. If you don't want to do the jumping parts you can substitute walking in place for those parts I guess :)

You can also make your own routine with situps, pushups, free weights etc and do them to the music channel :)
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    youtube has alot of exercise workout wivdeos and if you a memeber to netflix, try watch it now exercise movies.
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    I dont know if you have a laptop and a good high speed connection but...

Netflix and hulu have some stuff you can stream online....there is however an $8 per month subscription.

If you look on youtube you may find some stuff as well.

I beleive netfilx has an instant que for some of their programming so you can set it as a favorite and jump to it when you want.
  • laurascott20
    Options
    im doing jillian micheals 30 day shred..great work out so far. only jumping is jumping jacks and jump rope. only 9 bucks at walmart :)
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    Here's a great site I recently found. It's free and has thousands of work out plans.

http://www.fitclick.com/workout_plans
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Some of the satellite/cable providers have free on-demand workout videos. I am with Uverse and there are a ton and they are free. Jillians 30-Day Shred is great. And is a very inexpensive video. I suppose any workout video you do, you can modify the jumping to low impact so you are not making a bunch of noise.
  • jlc2002
    jlc2002 Posts: 20
    Options
    I picked up some workout vids from walmart for $6 each... and I have a game system, so I spent $60 to get active 2 for the ps3. They are all really great. Plus, if you are looking for free, and are up early, there are tv shows on around 6am est that do work outs.
  • getupandgo
    Options
    check out http://www.youtube.com/user/ToneItUpcom for some great at home workouts - i love them!
  • steacher24
    Options
    Go to On Demand on your cable, if you have it. Exercise TV has lots of stuff. I've been doing the videos on there. It's nice to be able to change it up, too!
  • getupandgo
    Options
    this is also great to build a workout: http://workouts.self.com/
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Check out your libraries DVD section for workout videos.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels has some On Demand stuff
  • smeling06
    Options
    If you have an iPhone, there are 3-4 free apps for daily workouts. I like the Cardio one. It's just called "Daily Cardio Workout" and if you want the others just search "Daily Workout" in the app store :)
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv. is the site I'm getting ready for. She does do a lot of jumping around, but there is such a variety of things she does that you could easily find those that involve less noise.