Is this normal?

Frappuzzino
Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
About a month or so ago we were at my grandmother-in-laws house in the evening. We had eaten a big lunch, so I was still quite satisfied but was able to eat a little bit. I didn't want to be rude and I ate more than my body wanted, so I ended up throwing up.

Ever since then, I can't eat big meals at one time or else I'll feel nauseous. It's like my mind is aware and stops me from eating before I'm done. I do feel full, but I get hungry sooner than I would if I finished. I know the general rule is to eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals, and it's like my body warrants me to do so now.

Is this normal?

Replies

• daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    I don't know if that's normal. I do know that this happens to young children sometimes and it can be behavioral. If it continues, I would discuss it with your doctor.

Also, I've thrown up after eating foods (spaghetti, edamame, etc.) and now have a strong food aversion. I avoid those foods like they're the plague. Actually, my spaghetti aversion is from childhood.
  • I feel that way too sometimes, I think that it's we are eating smaller meals and our stomachs are getting used to it, so when we try to feast lol we can't anymore.
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Well I am no expert but I would certainly not let that happen very often. It is so hard on you body to be throwing up, the acid. Hopefully it was just an anomoly...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    The only time I've experienced something like this was when I was pregnant with my daughter. I carried her high so she really squished all my organs and everything. Since there was no room for my stomach to expand I couldn't eat more than the size of my fist (a little bigger than a baseball) or I'd feel like throwing up.

I also listen to my body and if I have more food than I can eat I stop when I start feeling full, even if I want to keep eating. And if it means I'm hungrier sooner, so be it.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    I actually think it might be what I ate last night. I had something called "seafood delight" which included crab, squid and shrimp. I also had some sushi too. This is the only day that I've really noticed it and it happened to be after I had eaten that stuff. My boyfriend didn't eat the seafood delight and hasn't had a problem.
This discussion has been closed.