Sports Bra Blues

Options
Ok plus size ladies I need some help. I really enjoy running but I have yet to find a sports bra that "supports" my hobby. Current size: 40J

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Also feel free to add me!

Replies

• TheAndiMe
    TheAndiMe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I double up! Find one that is tighter and one looser....and wear two at a time. I also have worn a sports bra and then one of those tanks with the built in bra over the top of it. Gives you a little more support. :)

Good luck!
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I typically wear one soft real bra, a tight sports bra (wrong size) over that, and a built in bra shirt over that! I know I am not the only large girl that needs a reliable bra, someone has to make something. :grumble:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use an Enell bra for rebounding. Holds up really well.

A couple more brands that good reviews: Moving Comfort and Shock Absorbers
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wish I had this problem... I wear a bog standard sports bra from matalan or primark and I'm fine. Currently 34b though.

My bf had big boobs and breast fed and grew, I had small, breastfed and shrank. So unfair...
  • ashCHB
    ashCHB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wear my regular bra, plus a sports bra on top of that (Moving Comfort brand). It's ridiculous how hard it is to find a supportive sports bra for those of use with "abundant blessings."
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Glamorise!! They are like 25-30 bucks but worth every penny!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I wear my regular bra, plus a sports bra on top of that (Moving Comfort brand). It's ridiculous how hard it is to find a supportive sports bra for those of use with "abundant blessings."

I've done this before too... or worn multiple sports bras like someone else suggested.

Sidenote: If you find yourself with smaller girls later, I now fit into the Victoria's Secret sports bras and they are fantastic. The one I have has "maximum support" and I find it really helps. No more pain! They only go to 40DD (North American sizing)...so that may not help you but maybe others reading the thread.

ETA: I love your username
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wear Energise. The girls are secure, but its not a cheap bra. But it is worth it for me.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok plus size ladies I need some help. I really enjoy running but I have yet to find a sports bra that "supports" my hobby. Current size: 40J

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Also feel free to add me!

sports bras work best in a size or two smaller..... and if you're really big, then double up :tongue:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try TitleIX (website or catalog).
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I got a smaller size than usual.

Also I picked mine by taking a selection into the changing room and bouncing up and down in them in front of the mirror! Bought the one with the least jiggling!

I also wear a tight tank top under my looser t-shirt that I run in. I guess this is kind of doubling up.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I buy my sports bras a few sizes smaller and also double up! The perks of being a woman!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Panache and Shock Absorber.
  • cheryld53
    cheryld53 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out ladygrace.com. They have a good selection of large bras. After losing 100 lbs., I'm now able to go to a department store for bras. (It's been 28 years since I last was able to do that.) Anyway, now I like Wacoal Sports Bra!!! I'm not sure how large they go, but worth checking into. Quite pricey ($65) but to save the girls, well worth it.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Check out ladygrace.com. They have a good selection of large bras. After losing 100 lbs., I'm now able to go to a department store for bras. (It's been 28 years since I last was able to do that.) Anyway, now I like Wacoal Sports Bra!!! I'm not sure how large they go, but worth checking into. Quite pricey ($65) but to save the girls, well worth it.

I take that back, just tried it again and this time it worked, thank you!
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you have to wear more than one sports bra, you're wearing the wrong size and/or kind.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    40J? Holy hell! What do you wear on your back as a counter weight? That's gotta be rough to run with.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same as you OP and I've also been having a tough time finding a sports bra. I've been to every sports store in my area. I may give Ladygrace a try; either way thank you for creating this thread because I've been looking.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A Triumph 'Doreen' (hideous) one or two back and cup sizes too small and a very good supportive bra of your choice.:flowerforyou: