Protein!!

Options
I started a new exercise routine today plus did my jogging/walking.. my normal daily protein is 103.. MFP has it at 139 for today! So when I do strenuous workouts do I need to up it or is 103 enough?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'd consider exercise cals as a kind of, whatever you want deal. If you've hit your original daily goal, I'd have what you want with the rest.
  • Molly5874
    Molly5874 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that I'm very new at this but I believe the way I understood "Keto Clarity" from Jimmy Moore, your body needs very little protein actually and if you over eat it, your liver turns that extra protein into glucose. So I think the answer is no. You don't need extra protein. But that's just the way I understood it.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that I'm very new at this but I believe the way I understood "Keto Clarity" from Jimmy Moore, your body needs very little protein actually and if you over eat it, your liver turns that extra protein into glucose. So I think the answer is no. You don't need extra protein. But that's just the way I understood it.

And glucose, unless you have a medical condition is nothing to worry about

Active adults, especially those who strength train, need about 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein to retain lean muscle in a deficit and later to build muscle in a calorie surplus. So, protein is very important.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

By experience I know this is not true! I learned the hard way that your body does need protein!!! I fell into the "bullet proof coffee" idea and although I think it is a great tool if used correctly, I was living off 2 of those a day and only one meal.. I was only eating from 30-50 grams of protein a day and got very weak physically!! With help, I corrected my mistake and now eat a healthy 101-103 grams a day, sometimes even a little more and am sooo much healthier!
    I just didn't know if I needed the extra because of heavy exercise but I think 103 should be fine..