Scale or Measuring Tape?

Options
Measuring tape! That way i really know i am getting results! I am curious witch on do you pay more attention to. Pounds or Inches?

Replies

• bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself more than I measure, but measurements are more important. They give you a better idea about how much fat is on your body, and doesn't fluctuate as much as weight. I weigh anywhere between 107-112, but my waist is 26in. I've still got a lot of fat on me.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I go for scale. At my size, it takes a lot of weight loss to go down a size and I am one of those people who loses pretty much all over so I just don't see the results in the measurements as quickly. Weighing once a week or so, I almost always see a loss which is motivating for me.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Both. I weigh myself more regularly. And often only think to measure if the number in the scale isn't dropping.

However - I don't have a set goal weight, but I do have a goal waist measurement.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Pounds for sure. I suck at measuring and was coming up with numbers that went up and down like crazy.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do both. I weigh pretty much daily just so I can log it but don't worry about the daily changes, I just like having a detailed record to look over. I measure monthly.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Scale for me, and the belt on my work trousers (just gone down another notch!).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day because it's easy, step on, step off, done. I measure about once a month or so but don't always do it because it takes more time, I need to write down all the measurements, etc, etc.

But I put far more stock in the tape measure for sure - a couple of years ago I went six months without any "progress" on the scale, just up and down the same 2-3 lbs for six months - BUT, during that time I lost inches and dropped a full size.

So yes, tape wins over scale any day. :drinker:
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning every day. I measure when the scale won't move fast enough, as it always points out a reduction. I don't measure but maybe every month and a half.
    Since I'm still in the obese range, weight matters to me. But I imagine as I get closer to my goal weight, the measurements will count more towards keeping track.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Pounds - otherwise I would have quit long ago!! I've hardly lost any inches - in fact I've gained in some places - but I've lost over 50 lbs.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Both in moderation.
    I'm planning on doing 1 day scale a month.
    2 weeks when i'm in maintenance.
    Obsessing over the number is pointless if you like what you see in the mirror.