I Don't Hate Myself Anymore

Options
BlitzClipz
BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
I'm still in the middle of my story, but I've discovered I am a success none-the-less. I've gone on "shape up journeys" before, usually about a month of eating well and exercising, then I drop off the wagon and gain it all back. Well one day, after countless nights of going to bed with my stomach hurting because I was so full from binging all day, and more promises to myself to start getting active the next day, I just did it. I did the first day of my first workout routine (Ripped In 30). I watched what I ate. And I went to bed feeling proud of myself and happy. I've only been working out and watching what I eat for 45 days now, and have only lost 5 pounds so far. But I have noticed a gigantic change in myself. I am actually starting to like the way I look. Before, it was a daily struggle for me to get dressed as I looked like a giant muffin in everything I owned. I would stare at my stomach in horror. I had mastered a way of sitting so my thighs didn't look quite so mountainous. And now I just don't care about that stuff because I'm actually starting to like myself. This is a huge NSV for me, and it's made me excited to continue my journey.
9d7eca99-dec6-4f3f-b9c1-8c0339ea363a_zpsdec4a9fb.jpg
bea2c7d9-3f68-430e-847b-53ef0034546a_zpsb6bdd45e.jpg
d391965d-2503-4dea-a743-85fb7ccf6259_zps64df1973.jpg

Replies

• angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It will be so much easier to lose weight if you don't constantly hate yourself!
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've actually noticed I don't care so much about the scale weight anymore, either. Before, the numbers on the scale were like God lol. Now, I do feel frustrated sometimes that I'm not losing faster, but I'm noticing that my body is changing in good ways, even if my weight isn't. It is definitely making things easier, not to be glued to the number on the scale.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty darn good! But I have to say the real reason I'm commenting is because I didn't notice your stomach at first -- I saw your treble clef! Love that and the music notes!!! It's awesome that you are finding out that a huge part of this is mental and that you can go back and forth and STILL succeed. Keep going and don't give up. :drinker:
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Great work, you are coming along great. Do it for you.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great job on turning the attitude around and the weight loss.
    You look good! :smile:
  • blintaro
    blintaro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty darn good! But I have to say the real reason I'm commenting is because I didn't notice your stomach at first -- I saw your treble clef! Love that and the music notes!!! It's awesome that you are finding out that a huge part of this is mental and that you can go back and forth and STILL succeed. Keep going and don't give up. :drinker:

^seconded. Sweet tats! Also, at the risk of sounding like a flatterer, anyone ever tell you you look like Charlize Theron?
  • Snailman44
    Options
    You look great imo. Keep up the good work
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What's not to love! You are beautiful. If this is the before...look out world after is going to knock you dead!

That attitude change is what makes the beauty really shine, from within and out! Very happy for you, sleep well!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    2 rules for wt loss. Rule #1 you have to love yourself 100% exactly as you are right now in order to have the strength to follow rule #2 when you are bored, sad, angry,depressed, grieving, etc. just be. Be bored, sad,angry,depressed. Don't run to food pleasure to avoid feeling. When you do this something amazing happens. The feelings pass. You dealt and you move on. Food is no longer a rescuer and companion in suffering. Food loses most of it's power and becomes...just food. That said you may still wanna be careful with trigger foods/binge foods. But it sounds like you flipped the switch. Happened to me 2 yrs ago. So glad you are nice to yourself now. You are a miracle of creation. You are gonna have so much more fun now that you aren't bashing yourself esteem.
  • maki35
    maki35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    very good, congratulations
  • brandonrf
    brandonrf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    congrats, I feel that way too but its still a work in progress. Working out was always something I could stick with but not the dieting. I just started dieting and 18 days later I am finally getting results I have been looking for for years.
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can only do it for you, not for any other reason. Doing it for you is the only way you'll ever stick with it and keep yourself in good shape. Too many people do it to look good so they can date, then they quit after they find someone, or do it for a job, or for whatever other reason.

Doing it for you is the way to make it permanent! Very nice work..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!