Sports Bra Blues

Options

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I wear 1) Enell brand bras which are my favorite. They are front hooks and remind me of my gma's bra but they work. I still wear my regular bra under all my sports bras; 2) panache do well for me too; 3) I recently bought 3 moving comfort bras which I am surprising happy with. I do spin and walk with them all. I order them from barenecessities.com. I have been able to find Enell brand bras in Fleet Feet. If you go to each brands website it can tell you if you can find them locally. Note that Enell uses a different sizing scale i.e. sizes are 1 to 5. I am a 36G and get a 3 which is snug or 4 which is a more comfortable fit.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    General question, does your chest shrink with your weight?
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options

If by chest you mean breasts, YES! I went from a DDD to a B. Luckily my booty decided to stay!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

If by chest you mean breasts, YES! I went from a DDD to a B. Luckily my booty decided to stay!

Oh thank god, I hope mine go down.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am nowhere as big as you, but I also have to wear 2 bras, one regular and one sports bra.
    After multiple washings the sports bras kind of wear out. So make sure that they still fit you snug and try bouncing up and down--if there is a lot of movement then get rid of the bras. (donate them).
    I am so glad that you posted this topic. I have often seen bigger ladies on the treadmill or ellyptical and their "girls" are majorly jiggling and I got to think that it has to HURT!
    I found a sports bra that I really like at ****'s sporting store, called "heat gear". When I put it on, it took my breath away at first, but then I loved it.
    Wouldn't think about working out without wearing 2 bras.
    Will add you as a friend. I also am working on being a runner. I love your enthusiasm.
  • southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My best sport bra is a Wacoal with underwire. It keeps the girls snug and from bouncing. Not sure how large they go in cup and band size though?
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I bought my sports bra from Lane Bryant. I believe it's the Cacique brand. It'll cost around $40, but Lane Bryant always has sales going on. I recommend signing up for their e-mail or text clubs. ^_^.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I really hope mine will shrink! Herroom.com has good bras. Have you been measured lately? They have really good instructions too. I didn't see your size but if you have been losing weight you may be smaller.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll vote for shock absorber bras too. Great support for running, no pain.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

For most women yes. Mine does, but not much...:grumble: I know most women wouldn't mind not losing their boobs, but for me it's getting really hard to find bra's. My band size goes down faster than my boobs.

To the OP:

I vote for shock absorber (pricey, but watch amazon for sales...I got the Ultimate Run for $23.70 not to long ago) and glamorise. I actually wear my glamorise sports bra as a regular bra right now. Oh and for reference I'm a 38F.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    mine shrunk from breast feeding too E- C
  • sinkinginseas
    Options
    I am a more 'blessed' girl, and I wear two bras, I'm not quite as big as you though - so I don't know if that would be enough. I'm hoping to lose some of it with weight loss, but it might also just be my genetics haha.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Victoria's Secret's sports bras, because the ones that we've gotten my wife are absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, as someone mentioned, I guess they don't go that big. :/
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'll vote for shock absorber bras too. Great support for running, no pain.

I'll add another vote for the shock absorber bra as well. I've been wearing the multisport for a few years and the only time anything bounces around is when I need to go down a size. I'm currently a 38F and I only have to wear the one bra. Good luck!

http://shockabsorber.co.uk/en/products/active-range/active-multi-sports-support/
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 40JJ (244lbs) to a 36J (202lbs)
  • lilly57573
    Options
    I'm a E,I usually wear a regular bra and on top of that i wear a smaller size sports bra,like a C or D,i find that is the most supportive.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lady Grace is very good.

Also try Junonia: http://www.junonia.com/Womens-Plus-Sports-Bras.html
  • Fuzzy1982
    Options
    I thank my lucky stars that I found the Enell sports bras. Seriously... I've tried everything under the sun before them (including doubling up, Ace bandages, etc). They are pricey but worth every - single - penny. I tend to wear a 38DDD/38E (sometimes bigger depending on the brand.... blegh). If you go with the Enell, be sure to pay attention to how they size!!! I like my bras to be snug around the band so that it doesn't pull on my shoulders... the size 2 works well for me. It was constricting at first but now it's simply amazing! I can run, jump and dodge... my girls go absolutely NOwhere. Love love love. ^_^
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I double up! Find one that is tighter and one looser....and wear two at a time. I also have worn a sports bra and then one of those tanks with the built in bra over the top of it. Gives you a little more support. :)

Good luck!

This is exactly what I do! Sports bra (one size too small), then a built in bra tank (the correct size) overtop. I'm halfway through week 4 of the c25k program, and no black eyes yet! Lol!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I went with shock absorber for mine, although I was a 40E.
    Now I'm a 36G, but thankfully they still fit (a little funky on the back so I need a new one). Wouldn't have done without it though.