One long journey to achieve something which I always failed

Options
Hey everyone,

My name's Jordan and I'm currently 22 years old. I've been struggling with my weight since I was a child, I can't even remember when I was a 100 kilos. If I'm writing all this down it means I had to get a lot of courage together. I don't know my exact current weight but it's was near 160 kilos back in June.

I'm trying to change lifestyle by eating less and way healthier than used to and also by doing daily walking exercises and eventually go running. For the past month I've been on holiday in the south of Europe where I have been eating healthy and doing long walks in the mountains. My sincere goal is to lose 80 kilos by next year August, therefore I hope you guys stand with me and support me in difficult times.

Cheers!

Jordan

Replies

• adrerock
    adrerock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll motivate you.
  • GoGoGirl1111
    GoGoGirl1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, Good for you for taking this 1st step, it's the hardest : Sounds like you have a plan and goal: Good luck

I am not in your age group Jordan, but feel free to add me and we can do this.......

Cheers Amelia
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello :) It's nice to meet you. I am sure everyone will have different opinions on this so you should get a lot of different ideas. I am a big fan of starting slow and making small changes that in the end lead up to a big lifestyle change. When I started I was barely able to even walk. My exercise was literally walking just 5 minutes a day. With food I started out by changing my portion sizes, then tried changing the foods I ate, etc. You are going to learn so many things about your body over this journey, listen to it. What works for one person may not work for the next. Best of luck on your journey and if you are looking for supporters feel free to add me :)
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll motivate you.

Accepted your request and want to thank you very hard!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Firstly I don't think you've 'always failed' because in my book failure is when I stop caring and give up. No matter how many times I try to lose the weight, and put some back on... I'm still trying (so far I'm on my 4th downward trend)... you never know this time it might stick. So in that respects well done for not giving up, appreciating you're worth this, and joining us here. :)

This is a great place to start if you haven't already:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There are many other great stickies in the Getting Started message board but start with that one and you'll be fine. :)
  • JordanMK_
    Options
    Hi, Good for you for taking this 1st step, it's the hardest : Sounds like you have a plan and goal: Good luck

I am not in your age group Jordan, but feel free to add me and we can do this.......

Cheers Amelia

Thanks a lot for the support, I really appreciate it!
  • JordanMK_
    Options
    Hello :) It's nice to meet you. I am sure everyone will have different opinions on this so you should get a lot of different ideas. I am a big fan of starting slow and making small changes that in the end lead up to a big lifestyle change. When I started I was barely able to even walk. My exercise was literally walking just 5 minutes a day. With food I started out by changing my portion sizes, then tried changing the foods I ate, etc. You are going to learn so many things about your body over this journey, listen to it. What works for one person may not work for the next. Best of luck on your journey and if you are looking for supporters feel free to add me :)

Thanks for all this advice, I really appreciate it. By all the walking I did this summer I'm able to hold on pace (very brisk) for almost an hour. I've never felt so fit to be honest. There's still a lot of work to do but I guess Rome wasn't build in a day :) I want to thank you again for the support!
  • JordanMK_
    Options
    Firstly I don't think you've 'always failed' because in my book failure is when I stop caring and give up. No matter how many times I try to lose the weight, and put some back on... I'm still trying (so far I'm on my 4th downward trend)... you never know this time it might stick. So in that respects well done for not giving up, appreciating you're worth this, and joining us here. :)

This is a great place to start if you haven't already:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There are many other great stickies in the Getting Started message board but start with that one and you'll be fine. :)

Hey thanks for these wise words, well it's really a struggle I must say but it's never too late to start changing lifestyle. I'm going to check all these subforums out once I have time. I want to thank you very much for all the suggestions!