What appliances are on your counter?

Options

Replies

• sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We don't have much space on our counter, so just a microwave and george foreman grill.
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    On the counter:
    Blender
    Bread Maker
    Scale
    Dehydrator
    popcorn maker
    Toaster
    French press
    Tea Kettle
    Kitchenaide

Put away but frequently used:
    Immersion blender
    Waffle maker
    food processor attachment for blender
    Slow Cooker

Infrequently used:
    Microwave
    Electric Skillet
    Noodle maker
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One the benchtop used regularly:

Digital kitchen scale
    Microwave
    Kettle (sits on the microwave)
    digital clock radio (so I can have the time AND music in the kitchen)

Used then put away

Toaster
    Sandwich Press

Infrequently used

Food processor (small bowl)
    Kenwood bench mixer, has blender attachment
    Hand beaters
    Jaffle iron
    Air popcorn maker
    Waffle Iron
    Juicer

Never used and don't know why we got it

Indoor BBQ grill

Thinking about getting, but can never make up my mind on:
    Multi-purpose slow cooker/rice cooker
  • Lori_Wilkerson
    Lori_Wilkerson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keurig, blender, small George Foreman grill, and digital scale. I have a tiny kitchen!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Small George Foreman grill
    Blender
    Food scale
    Toaster - which is never used LOL
    3 compartment slow cooker....which I LOVE! I can cook 3 different items at the same time!!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    On my counter:
    Keurig
    KitchenAid
    SodaStream
    Scale

Use and put away:
    Slow Cooker
    Blender
    Can opener
    Deep Fryer
    Toaster Oven
    Food Processor
    Stick Blender
    Cuisinart Griddler
    Waffle Iron

I dislike clutter, so I donate things that I don't use often.
  • kaandersonw
    kaandersonw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't stand clutter, or my version of clutter anyways, so my countertop has our toaster (I'd put it away if my fiancee wouldn't notice, but even though he only uses it once a week he wouldn't understand why its away), our coffee machine, kettle and microwave. Our blender, mixer, baby bottle warmer, mini blender and crockpot all go away and come out only until all components are clean again and put away.

i have a toaster on the counter (that i debate about having there) and a kettle on the stove. with the cookbooks, wine rack, fruit bowl, knife block, and a handful of decor knick-knacks, i feel like i have tons of clutter.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Heidi, My cherry pitter was more hassle then it was worth. I have seen a trick where you use a paperclip, might be worth a try?
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't use a lot of appliances, other than my microwave, coffee pot, & coffee grinder. My coffee pot & grinder are actually on a little island that I added to one side of my kitchen for more space, because I live in a one bedroom apartment. So the only appliances on my counter are a microwave & a toaster, but I rarely use the toaster - in reality, it could probably be one of those appliances that got put away when not in use, but I'm too lazy for that.

An appliance that is put away but brought out & used regularly is my digital scale. It's super small & light so it's easy to just stick in a cupboard & whip out when I need it.

Appliances that are put away & rarely used include a George Foreman grill, blender, crockpot, & waffle iron. I've actually never used my blender or my crockpot because my last apartment had absolutely no counter space, so I'm excited to get some use out of the crockpot come Winter!

Now that I think about it, I have a ton of counter space I could use for appliances, but most of it is taken up by canisters of coffee/tea/oatmeal, a knife set, stacking coffee mugs, a container of utensils, a banana tree, & a little standing flip-through recipe thing that I have never used because it doesn't currently have any recipes in it [but it looks cute!]
  • kaandersonw
    kaandersonw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need more cupboard space - or I just need to get rid of more junk, like 19 coffee mugs taking up residence in one cupboard (max we use is 4)

yes! i did this within the past year and felt super liberated. its the simple things, i guess! i cut it down to 9. 3 rows 3 deep. gave me so much more space.
  • Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had to answer this. I have a dorm fridge (my only fridge) on my counter (a little bigger than those small square ones), and my microwave is on top of that.

I store my toaster in an underneath cabinet, and no coffee maker, i use those "tea-bag" singles. All the other appliances are in the basement.

:smokin:
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't have much counter space…Toaster, Coffee Maker, VitaMix Blender, and Microwave. Mine is a no frills kitchen, Oh, in the cabinet I have a hand blender. I like to keep it simple. :smile:

Too funny - We only have a jug, knives and cooking utensils on one side and the phone and fruit bowl on the other and space is not the issue. I just like to keep it simple too lol
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS ON MY COUNTER:
    Kitchen Aid Standing Mixer
    Vita mix
    Coffee Maker
    Food Scale

TUCKED AWAY UNTIL NEEDED
    Crock Pot
    Juicer
    Waffle Maker
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Keurig, food scale, Nutri-Ninja base, knife block(not an appliance, but yeah)

ETA: Electric kettle!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Heidi, My cherry pitter was more hassle then it was worth. I have seen a trick where you use a paperclip, might be worth a try?

I like to use a straw :smile:
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    Cuisinart food processor
    Kitchen Aid
    Toaster
    Blender
    Hamilton Beach Milkshake maker (dusty, should get rid of this)
    Microwave
    Nescafe Dulce Gusto (wife - never uses, should get rid of this as well)
    Keurig (mostly wife)
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    now: microwave

used but put away:

slow cooker, ice cream maker, dehydrator, blender, coffee maker

i dont own a mixer or food processor, i love prep cooking by hand.
    and my food scale is my postage scale so it is in my office i just bring stuff in there....
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Funny seeing this topic! I was thinking about this earlier in the week. I have too much stuff on my counters and want to clear off some of it. I wrote up an actual listing of every item sitting on the counters and asked myself how often we used it and where could it be stored elsewhere. I recently decluttered and reorganized my pantry. I'm going to declutter these counter tops this week. Next month I'm working on the kitchen cabinets.

Appliances on the counter are:
    1. Bunn drip coffeemaker - used every day - morning and afternoon.
    2. Toaster - used almost daily.
    3. Can Opener - used less frequently than before we switched to more fresh/frozen products.
    4. Deep Fryer - used once/month maybe. I'll be moving it to the pantry. Hubby likes his fried fish, fries and hush puppies.
    5. Kitchen Aid Food Processor - used 3x/year. Moving it to the pantry. Considering de-owning it.
    6. Digital Food Scale - used daily.

Also on the counters are: flat-screen tv, coffee mug tree holding 6 mugs, paper towel holder, knife block, utensil crock (1 on each side of stove), fruit bowl and pepper mill. Plus: a 3 shelf rack holding crackers, cookies and my snack baggies. And - my little glass man decanter holding coins. The older I get - the less clutter and stuff I want to see or own.

Stored elsewhere:
    1. Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer - Rarely used now.
    2. Hand Mixer - Used 1xmonth. Mostly for mashed potatoes or mixing desserts dough/batter.
    3. Cuisinart Smart Stick immersion blender- Used once. Hubby didn't like it. Too powerful for him.
    4. Crock Pot - used 3-4x/month.
    5. Electric Skillet - used 1x/month. Usually for my favorite fish smothered in veggies dish.
    6. Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus Food Processor - began using this & stopped using the large food processor. Small enough to tuck away in cab.
    7. Juicer - NEVER used. Hubby bought it watching an infomercial late one night.
    8. Electric Knife - Used 2x/year.
    9. Food Saver - vacuum sealer. Used when we harvest the spring and fall gardens.
    10. Ice Cream Maker - forgot about this one. Need to take it to the lake house.
    11.Food Dehydrator - I spotted it in hubby's shop. Guess he's planning to dehydrated something.
    :smile:

Edited to delete blender. May have tossed it already. Hmmm. Also added ice cream maker and food dehydrator.

Microwave - built-in above stove.

Seriously considering de-owning some of this stuff. What a waste of money and space.
  • akchildress24
    akchildress24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Toaster Oven
    Blendtec
    Soda Stream
    One Cup B&D Coffer Maker
    Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor

Get out and use often:
    Digital Scale
    Crock Pot
    Large Food Processor
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    keurig, toaster, cordless kettle, electric can opener; not much space for more than that. I use my crock pot a lot but it, my bread machine, & food processor are in another cupboard when not in use.