Reached Goal Weight But...

Options

Replies

• skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    yes, being too skinny is not attractive at all. Women look better with meat on their bones
    Honestly how old are you, that is a disgusting comment.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    yes, being too skinny is not attractive at all. Women look better with meat on their bones
    Honestly how old are you, that is a disgusting comment.

How is that disgusting comment?Its true.When someone is underweight, it doesn't look good at all.I sure as hell don't want to be underweight.My comment wasn't meant as an insult, it was just my opinion about Op "s question.So don't worry about it
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The healthy weight range for 5'7" is 117 - 159 lbs

I would suggest gaining back at least 4 lbs to get back into the healthy weight range and assess how you look. That might not be quite enough to give you back the figure you were interested in, though, so you may need a few more pounds than that, that's why it was a range.

Your starting weight was within the healthy range too, so it may have been a body recomposition issue rather than a need to drop pounds. I hope you stop dieting and gain back a little bit of weight for a strong, healthy body.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Being too skinny carries health risks just like being fat. Outside the world of actresses and models, most people are very turned off by the too-skinny look.

Visit your doctor, tell him about what people are saying and whether or not you should gain some weight. He will let you know if they're right or not and can guide you toward a healthy weight if you aren't there now.

Some people say, "You're so skinny!" as a compliment or to be polite. I'm already hearing "skinny" and am still way into fat, lol. But some say it out of concern. The doctor is really the only person to trust. They know the facts, they know you and will never say you're too thin or fat unless you are.

Go to the doctor and find out the truth.

Also, check out Supersize vs. Superskinny. It's on youTube. The gigando people never argue that they're healthy, but the very skinny ones are always shocked, lol. :)
    A doctor would only tell her to gain fat if she was infertile, malnourished, anemic or fatigued. OP hasnt stated any of that, unless she has actual physical problems there is nothing wrong with her weight. BMI is useless because everyone handles fat differently and are built differently. I live in Canada and people here on a majority are pretty skinny. I remember in high school where the ideal weight was 115lbs, most people were size 5's or lower.. If you weighed 150lbs or more that was considered fat. Different countries have different standards, OP just happens to be in a place where being smaller is frowned upon. Unless you are on the verge of death, ones health concern is purely out of vanity and not being pleased with how that person looks like. Rarely does it ever have to do with health.
    Yes, that's too skinny. 15 pounds sounds about right, you'd still be very thin. You set your goal weight outside healthy parameters.
    That's not too skinny at all, you're judt not used to people that small :p

Wrong, I'm the same height. I was often trying to be between that size and 125 in high school and my early 20's. When I was looked gaunt, unhealthy, and too skinny.
    That is YOU, what part of
    people put on fat differently
    people are built differently
    If OP does NOT have medical conditions
    etc. I didn't say 5'7 113lbs is perfect weight, I said if she feels healthy and is healthy her weight is irrelevant.

Most of my friends do not weigh over 150lbs outside of mfp. One of my friends is 5'5 100lbs, 5'3 95lbs they want to gain weight because of how much they've been skinny shamed but generally feel fine and eat a lot especially my 5'3 friend she eats 5 servings of vegetables a day. And the 5'5 is training to be a cadet. I'm saying not all skinny people are unhealthy, that's a bad stereotype stemmed of ignorance. My friend who is 5'10 went studying abroad, used to be 148lbs but after cutting out bread,bad sugars, lowering her portions and walking more got to 128lbs. People would call that anorexic and have when she went back to the states. She's eating the best she's ever had and barely focuses on her weight.

She feels the best she has in years at her so called "anorexic" weight, went to the doctors and her readings were better, than ever. Why would she need to gain weight purely because she is under her bmI?
    She is practicing healthy habits, the same could be said for one who gained weight. No one is the same, you can't throw too skinny or too fat. As you are setting a horrible standard,

People who starve to be thin, eat too little are practicing unhealthy diets.
    If OP feels and is perfectly fine with the weight she's at, there is no reason for her to change it. If OP is in starvation mode,doesn't eat, malnourished, anemic,etc then then her nutrition and, the lifestyle she is living is not good for body and health. Her answer is to eat more nutrient dense foods, not to add or gain weight. Since how does eating a burger and getting meat on your bones mean you're healthy?

You at 125 and in 20's were not practicing healthy habits, your weight has nothing to do with it.
    No one is the same, you can't throw too skinny or too fat. As you are setting a horrible standard, at the end of the day we are mass. How much mass one has is irrelevant, it's the habits that got them that matter. I'm just sick of all this shaming big or small who the **** cares. If you have a mentality of judging health by vanity and weight, you're mistaking, ignorant,entitled,etc. MFP is suppose to be community that supports all shapes and sizes.

People need to stop saying it's unhealthy for her height. I talked to my doctor, for my 5'10 height 127lbs is the lowest weight I can go before my health risks increase. She is 3 inches shorter than me, 113lbs is fine if she has no health issues.
    These are pictures of women who are 5'7 113lbs do they look underweight/anorexic or malnourished?
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=170&age=any&weight=50&pantSize=any&shirtSize=any&bodytype=

She asked if 113 is too skinny for 5'7". I understand that there are different body types and ranges. That falls outside the range based on my experience ( and yes I know all sorts of people), and medical guidelines. People who know her are not pleased.

She herself said she wants her curves back. It's not "skinny shaming", there's such a thing as too skinny. Based on the information she's given, she's too skinny if I'm the one answering.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well you are a little thin....If your healthy and happy than there's nothing to worry about.If you want gain weight eat more calories and move less! Just like losing weight!

I just want my curves back tbh lol I just need to stop eating 1200 calories.

Definitely eat more! :)
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    @ "That's not too skinny at all, you're judt not used to people that small :p"
    [/quote]

What the hell? Her weight is at a point where she is OBJECTIVELY anorexic. Yes anorexia is a set bmi of 17.5. Sure OP is one pound off, but as we all know weight fluctuates often up to 3 lbs. in a day. It's not a matter of what someone is "used to" seeing. There is no doctor on earth who will say an anorexic bmi is healthy.

EVEN IF all your blood tests are normal, which I would doubt, it is likely you are decreasing your bone density and already have/will have osteopenia and osteoporosis down the line. Also kidney, liver, and heart tissue is being catabolized, and these organs are being damaged slowly but surely..
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So I've finally reached my goal weight but I'm being told I look anorexic which is really knocking my confidence. I'm 5'7 and weigh 113lbs I started at 143lbs but my family and fiance say I looked so much better before. I wasn't happy at 143lbs because I felt huge and at 113lbs I feel like less of a woman since i've lost all my curves. I was full figured before and now I get told I look like a stick :frown: what do you guys think am I too thin for my height? how can I get back my curves thicker thighs bigger butt etc without gaining fat around the middle. My fiance wants me to put atleast another 10-15lbs back on but I feel that would be too much please help...
    Hi Ronnie,

Check this weight chart out by height and body frame: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Note for your height, and assuming you have a small body frame, you are ten pounds underweight. .

Please listen to your finance and family, all of whom sound like they love you.

Have you consulted with your doctor regarding your low weight?
  • enfpmom
    enfpmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out T-Tapp. It's exercise. Great for toning without getting bulky. I just met the creator. She's tiny like you, but curvy and strong.

I weighed 113 at 5"8 and looked bad. At your age, 125 was still thin but curvy. Better chest at 138 so it is my goal. Toned, not flabby. I have tiny bones. HTH.

Missing periods is a sign you are not eating enough.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Are these other people fat? Something I have noticed, which is really pathetic, is that almost everyone in the developed world is obese now. And. because they are all obese, society is starting to judge normal weight people as "anorexic" and now fat is considered normal and healthy. If these people are not thin, you should take their words with a grain of salt. Also, it could be jealousy. Don't let them mess up your goals, and as long as your BMI is above 18.5, don't gain any weight back.
    This is bull, bad advice, and a whole lot of assumptions.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I second comments about "skinny shaming". You and only you will know if you are too thin. Are you weak all the time? Feel like you have to follow a routine that is unhealthy or unsustainable to stay at your current weight? Just plain unhappy with your weight? Fine, then change for YOU, not because someone else says you don't look the way they think you should. Our society is incredibly forgiving to people who are a few pounds overweight but are absolutely certain those a few pounds underweight "have a problem."
    No. Just no. People who are thin and have body dysmorphia, or who are anorexic, see themselves as fat.

Telling someone the truth is not body shaming, it's simply telling the truth.
  • ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well you are a little thin....If your healthy and happy than there's nothing to worry about.If you want gain weight eat more calories and move less! Just like losing weight!

I just want my curves back tbh lol I just need to stop eating 1200 calories.

Definitely eat more! :)

That I can do :) it's just weight training I find hard :(
  • ronnie786
    Options
    So I've finally reached my goal weight but I'm being told I look anorexic which is really knocking my confidence. I'm 5'7 and weigh 113lbs I started at 143lbs but my family and fiance say I looked so much better before. I wasn't happy at 143lbs because I felt huge and at 113lbs I feel like less of a woman since i've lost all my curves. I was full figured before and now I get told I look like a stick :frown: what do you guys think am I too thin for my height? how can I get back my curves thicker thighs bigger butt etc without gaining fat around the middle. My fiance wants me to put atleast another 10-15lbs back on but I feel that would be too much please help...
    Hi Ronnie,

Check this weight chart out by height and body frame: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Note for your height, and assuming you have a small body frame, you are ten pounds underweight. .

Please listen to your finance and family, all of whom sound like they love you.

Have you consulted with your doctor regarding your low weight?

Thank you for the link :). I have not had any issue's since losing weight so didn't feel the need to speak to my doctor. But I'm guessing he will tell me the same thing?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You've dinged several alarm bells in your posts:
    1. Friends and family tell you they're concerned
    2. Clinically speaking, you are underweight
    3. You eat 1200 calories per day
    4. You're reaching out for help

Just going from that list, and not knowing anything else about you, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to make an appointment with a doctor and discuss these concerns. Your GP is a good start, but you might want to see other professionals as well. A counselor or psychologist who specializes in eating disorders can help you understand if you see yourself in a healthy way or not.

You can do this. Good luck. :smile:
  • ronnie786
    Options
    Check out T-Tapp. It's exercise. Great for toning without getting bulky. I just met the creator. She's tiny like you, but curvy and strong.

I weighed 113 at 5"8 and looked bad. At your age, 125 was still thin but curvy. Better chest at 138 so it is my goal. Toned, not flabby. I have tiny bones. HTH.

Missing periods is a sign you are not eating enough.

That looks like a great workout and something I'm capable of doing :). I felt I had a better chest and thighs at 140 but wasn't to happy with the mid section.
  • ronnie786
    Options
    You've dinged several alarm bells in your posts:
    1. Friends and family tell you they're concerned
    2. Clinically speaking, you are underweight
    3. You eat 1200 calories per day
    4. You're reaching out for help

Just going from that list, and not knowing anything else about you, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to make an appointment with a doctor and discuss these concerns. Your GP is a good start, but you might want to see other professionals as well. A counselor or psychologist who specializes in eating disorders can help you understand if you see yourself in a healthy way or not.

You can do this. Good luck. :smile:
    Thank you. I have upped my calories to 1600 big jump from 1200 but I am also looking into professional help and advice :)
  • ronnie786
    Options
    Well, if you do think that you are too skinny what I suggest is to really get into your weight training. Start eating at a small caloric surplus to go along with basic weight training, do compound exercises too. I think that will help you get your figure back without putting on too much fat. Your body composition is what you need to focus on now, not getting skinnier, but increasing your weight slightly if you must, but building the right kind of weight.

I have incorporated compound exercises but from all the info looks like I will benefit more from lifting weights..
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Are these other people fat? Something I have noticed, which is really pathetic, is that almost everyone in the developed world is obese now. And. because they are all obese, society is starting to judge normal weight people as "anorexic" and now fat is considered normal and healthy. If these people are not thin, you should take their words with a grain of salt. Also, it could be jealousy. Don't let them mess up your goals, and as long as your BMI is above 18.5, don't gain any weight back.
    This is bull, bad advice, and a whole lot of assumptions.

How could a post prefaced with a question, with the poster stating it's based on their own experience, and with a specific BMI number listed be full of "a whole lot of assumptions"?
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, if you do think that you are too skinny what I suggest is to really get into your weight training. Start eating at a small caloric surplus to go along with basic weight training, do compound exercises too. I think that will help you get your figure back without putting on too much fat. Your body composition is what you need to focus on now, not getting skinnier, but increasing your weight slightly if you must, but building the right kind of weight.

I have incorporated compound exercises but from all the info looks like I will benefit more from lifting weights..

Why do you troll
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you were, and are, a beautiful young woman. I'm saddened by your comment that you felt "huge." You may want to talk to a doctor since the people who know you are expressing concern.

Best wishes on your journey.

http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd