Homemade Protein bars

Options
Daiako
Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
I'm looking to save a little money by making my own protein bars and was looking for tried and true recipes. The internet has thousands of different ways to do it but...well, the internet also told me black bean brownies would taste good. (Spoiler: They don't) So I'm hoping that some people will have some genuinely good recipes that they're willing to put their 'names' behind.

Nothing with dates, chia seeds, or coconut, please. Good protein to calorie ratio is most important, followed by taste. I've got vanilla and red velvet protein powder on hand, if that helps any.

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Just as a warning, this is also the internet. As in, you are on the internet right now. So you may or may not receive genuinely good recipes.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Just as a warning, this is also the internet. As in, you are on the internet right now. So you may or may not receive genuinely good recipes.

Haha. The hope is that people won't give me questionable things out of fear that I'll yell at them via PM's and stalk them all over the message boards until they apologize for assaulting my taste buds. I had no such recourse after, for example, black bean brownies.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Ooh... I like black bean brownies... so my opinion is probably moot. Haha. So creamy and rich. Mmm.