issues with funds

Options
need some advice im trying lose this weight im at 256 was at 252 but after 2 days went back up idk why.. anyways im jobless atm in someone else home a dont have many healthy foods i was at 265 but i lost by barely eating anything and alot of exercise until i figured out it wasnt safe to do that i wanna know what can i do for alternatives if i dont have healthy food thanks in advance

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    If your only goal is to lose weight, drink a ton of water and eat the unhealthy food you have BUT eat small portions so you stay within your calorie allotment.

If your goal is to be healthy, you'll need to find a way to earn enough money to buy your own food, and make healthy food choices, that get you as many of the nutrients you need as possible. You should also be drinking a ton of water on this plan, too.

Weight fluctuates quite a bit depending on many factors (sodium intake, water consumption, menstrual cycle, etc) so don't go day-by-day, but look for a downward trend over weeks/months.
  • dgains5041
    dgains5041 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ok i see thanks ill do that
  • Angee_B
    Angee_B Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Focus on exercising...even if u dnt always hav a healthy food option...eat what u must in moderation...but overall exercise...it's good for you on so many levels...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You lose when you're at a deficit, thus eat smaller portions.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are many ways you can eat healthy on a limited budget. Look for nutrient-dense inexpensive foods. Dried beans are very inexpensive and a great source of lean proteins. Cabbage is often cheap and is very healthy. Eggs are often inexpensive.

Google "frugal healthy meals" for lots of pages with suggestions, for example this set of meals for less than $0.75: http://penniesandpancakes.blogspot.com/2013/01/frugality-tip-7-eat-cheap-075-meals-025.html

If you really have no money for food. head to a local food bank. If you don't know what's available near you, start with a search for your town on http://www.foodpantries.org/
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This is a controversial subject - money as it pertains to weight loss and fitness- and I don't know where you live. But in South Carolina U.S., fitness didn't cost me money, it saved me money.
  • Leahkat1020
    Leahkat1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm on a pretty tight budget too! I've found that I've been saving money by not buying the fast food that I used to. Eating less and better portions is much cheaper than junk food. I also only eat meat once or twice a week and have saved money since vegetables are cheaper than buying meat.

I've been making salads with beans, onion, peppers, and vinegar (imitating the edamame caviar from Kroger if you've tried that salad it is a huge favorite of mine). Each of the ingredients is pretty cheap and can be modified to your taste for other cheap veggies like carrots.

Buying bulk dry things is also a good way to save on money. Beans, lentils, rice, and pasta are inexpensive and can be used for so many different recipes and last a long time.

Ultimately if you're going to be buying junk food, portion is all it comes down to. Weight loss is simply calories in vs. calories used. If you eat less than it takes your body to sustain you, you will lose weight.

Best,
    Leah