Bananas?

Options
DTetz
DTetz Posts: 109 Member
Are they really a no no when on a diet??? I want to make a banana strawberry smoothie but I also want my belly fat to go AWAY... and I don't like bananas that much to risk it... so is it true? Or a myth?

Replies

• Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hope not. I had one for breakfast.
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    LOL ya I doubt they can completely ruin your diet but maybe "stunt" it and my tummy is what bothers me the most so I dont want to "stunt" it
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    never heard of this..I know they are high in calories for a fruit, but not that bad....or so I thought...
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Bananas are very good for you, high in nutrients and fiber. They even have protein. I have bananas often for breakfast and am still losing weight.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great!
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LOL

Where do these myths come from?

Eat them, they are good for you, great nutrition.
  • PeterVickers
    Options
    Watch the sugars though if you are diabetic! There's more than you think! It'snot just the calories.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Here is a blog posting that actually had pretty good information on the effects of bananas for your health. On a personal note, I love eating bananas and some medications like water pills will have a label on them that you should eat a banana when taking the med. This is the link to the blog post.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/11/17/can-you-die-from-eating-too-many-bananas/
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    "I" love bananas, My body and tummy does not. Nor do they love, Yogurt, or milk. I have given up all three this past week. the result, No more tummy pain, and a FLATTER and less bloated feel tummy . I will give up those three things for that!!!
  • alicewoman1
    alicewoman1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They are high in calories but they are really good for you
  • nelliebugs
    Options
    I think the key is to not diet..
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think bananas are good for you!
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    I eat them....LOL mostly for breakfast and not everyday. I use to eat them more and not even think about it just because I was a little hungry and they were on the counter...Lol
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Well, like someone else has said..the key is NOT to diet.. lifestyle change yes. And no, banana's aren't a no no..if you don't like them, then don't eat them. If you like them, great, you'll be getting lots of good from them. Yay for fruit sugars and boo to processed sugars, those are the real one to watch much more closely..
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I go bananas for bananas!! :laugh:

I eat one almost everyday and I have lost 67 lbs. so I don't see anything wrong with includinging them in your diet.
    They are great for after a workout.
  • livingthegoodlife
    livingthegoodlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a banana every day for at least ten years now... love em!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Again I would say they are better then other things. It depends on what you are watching and how your body reacts to them. I'm diabetic and sugar from fruit makes my blood sugar go up. And of course they are better for you then processed sugars like candy and cake. Like others said, it is a lifestyle change. Other fruits are better but no fruit is bad. Good luck!
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    This is another myth stirred by different diet plans. Yes, bananas are high in sugar and carbs but we aren't talking about eating a pallet of bananas here. Bananas are an "unprocessed" food and they have so many health benefits. To ban them from your diet is like saying maybe we shouldn't drink water because it has bad things in it.. (don't get me started) I think many other people have said it well here. We aren't talking about using some quick weight loss plan.. we are trying to change our lifestyle. Learn to make healthy unprocessed your friend and put the caution lights up on the processed foods and you will see a world of difference.
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bananas are the bomb!!! I have a banana shake (banana, fat free milk, ice and splenda or now truvia) almost EVERYDAY! I have lost 6lbs so far in two weeks so.....YUMMY!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Nanners are good for ya. Just don't eat more than one a day because the are high in sugar. :bigsmile: