Healthy Cheesecake

Options
firebloom
firebloom Posts: 109 Member
I just found this recipe which I am going to make tomorrow. It uses cottage cheese and ends up having about 7 grams of protein per serve and only about 140 calories depending on which ingredients you use.

cccheesecake2.JPG

Cottage Cheese Cheesecake

Ingredients:
3/4 cup cottage cheese
2/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 egg white
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 1/2 – 2 cups blackberries (or other fruit)

Grease and line a 7″ round cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
Whizz cottage cheese in food processor until smooth.
Whisk together cottage cheese, yogurt, flour, sugar, salt and eggs until well combined. Add zest and lemon juice and stir well.
Pour batter into prepared tin and bake 30-40 minutes, until just set.
Let cool at least 30 minutes. Serve hot or chilled.
Serves 5-6.

Originally posted here: http://bakingbites.com/2005/03/cottage-cheese-cheesecake/

Replies

• cathyvice
    cathyvice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sound Yummy
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Looks good!

I make a high protein one. Sometimes I'll use different flavors etc. I made a chocolate one last time (see below). Today I'm probably going to try a bannana flavored one.

: Chocolate protein cheesecake.

8 oz fat free cream cheese
    6 oz fat free greek yogurt
    1 package of fat free sugar free pudding
    1 scoop dymatize chocolate whey isolate
    dash of truivia
    dask of 1% milk
    1 whole egg

mix it all up with a mixer; stick it in microwave for 3 - 4 minutes; put in fridge until it's as solid as you like

I then toppped it with redi whip cream and walden farms calorie free caramel sauce. Tasted really good. You can figure out the macros but I belive it was like 460 calories or so.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Looks good!

I make a high protein one. Sometimes I'll use different flavors etc. I made a chocolate one last time (see below). Today I'm probably going to try a bannana flavored one.

dash of truivia
    dask of 1% milk
    1 whole egg

mix it all up with a mixer; stick it in microwave for 3 - 4 minutes; put in fridge until it's as solid as you like

I then toppped it with redi whip cream and walden farms calorie free caramel sauce. Tasted really good. You can figure out the macros but I belive it was like 460 calories or so.

Wow, does that sound yummy or what???thanks
  • sculli123
    Options
    Looks good!

dash of truivia
    dask of 1% milk
    1 whole egg

This is what the chocolate one looked like.

http://i62.tinypic.com/zx7ek0.jpg
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe which I am going to make tomorrow. It uses cottage cheese and ends up having about 7 grams of protein per serve and only about 140 calories depending on which ingredients you use.

cccheesecake2.JPG

Cottage Cheese Cheesecake

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup cottage cheese
    2/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
    1 tbsp flour
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
    1 1/2 – 2 cups blackberries (or other fruit)

Grease and line a 7″ round cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
    Whizz cottage cheese in food processor until smooth.
    Whisk together cottage cheese, yogurt, flour, sugar, salt and eggs until well combined. Add zest and lemon juice and stir well.
    Pour batter into prepared tin and bake 30-40 minutes, until just set.
    Let cool at least 30 minutes. Serve hot or chilled.
    Serves 5-6.

Originally posted here: http://bakingbites.com/2005/03/cottage-cheese-cheesecake/

Thanks so much. Have to try. You had me at cheesecake..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yum! I've done protein cheesecakes too but it's just not like the real thing...
  • firebloom
    Options
    Looks good!

dash of truivia
    dask of 1% milk
    1 whole egg

This is what the chocolate one looked like.

http://i62.tinypic.com/zx7ek0.jpg

Yum! Looks good. I enjoy baking but I haven't been doing much of it lately because a lot of it is so unhealthy. I think I will have to try both of these cheesecakes.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Looks good!

dash of truivia
    dask of 1% milk
    1 whole egg

Sounds really good... Thinking about doing the Low Carb High Fat version of it by using full fat Greek yogurt, Regular cream cheese and heavy whipping cream instead of milk... Time to hit the store!
  • sculli123
    Options

Sounds really good... Thinking about doing the Low Carb High Fat version of it by using full fat Greek yogurt, Regular cream cheese and heavy whipping cream instead of milk... Time to hit the store!
    Yes, you can definitely do it that way. I switch up the recipe a little depending on what i have laying around.

I also make regular protein cakes (non cheesecake) all the time and sometimes I use pancake mix as the base or actual cake mix. There's tons of ways to make these things and they always come out tasting good but have good macros compared to the 'real' versions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yes, you can definitely do it that way. I switch up the recipe a little depending on what i have laying around.

I also make regular protein cakes (non cheesecake) all the time and sometimes I use pancake mix as the base or actual cake mix. There's tons of ways to make these things and they always come out tasting good but have good macros compared to the 'real' versions.

Oh I want those cakes recipes!
  • firebloom
    Options
    So I made it and it turned out great. Super yummy! I used blueberries instead and added a teaspoon of vanilla. I'll definitely make it again.
  • sculli123
    Options

Oh I want those cakes recipes!
    I've posted a bunch of mine before but a good resource for ideas that I use is below. I take his and basically tweak them a little here or there depending on what ingredients I have laying around. Or sometimes I just come up with my own but this guy has tons of them.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/72242-Cellucor-Core-Whey-Protein-(Cinnamon-Swirl-and-Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow)
  • sculli123
    Options
    Yum! I've done protein cheesecakes too but it's just not like the real thing...
    I'd venture to say that the real thing isn't even as good as the real thing unless its the Cheesecake Factory. Nothing is as good as the Cheesecake Factory. But I'd say some of the protein cheesecakes I've done were as good or better as generic store bought ones at least.
  • Mary8812443132
    Options
    I found a Lemon Blueberry cheesecake recipe...I try it...Thats so yummy!

Ingredients
    For the base:
    Butter, for greasing
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    9 graham crackers
    1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
    For the filling:
    16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    2 lemons, zested and juiced
    About 1/2 cup sugar, eyeball it
    1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
    Powdered sugar, for dusting

Link: http://foodeaser.com/en/2014/06/02/lemon-blueberry-cheesecake-bars/
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Omg thank you <3
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake and healthy? I'm in!

Thanks!:bigsmile:
  • Working_My_Butt_Off
    Options
    Yum
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    another to add to my must try list :-D thanks
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Very interesting.. I think I may try one with full fat normal yoghurt instead of the low fat one, and perhaps even add a nut base :)
  • sostep
    sostep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump!