is losing 2.2 lbs / 1 kg a week healthy

Options
Hi; I started 10 January 2011 with 110.7 kg; I am 6".1 and have a target to be at 99 kg by 31st of March & ultimately to my ideal wight at 92 kg by end of June 2011. I have been exercising 4-5 times a week & keeping my healthy diet calorie intake with my range (1540). Today after 12 days I lost 3 kg. Is that healthy? I would like to keep 1 kg (2.2 lbs) / week loss, is it healthy? Thanks

Replies

• Wendy72
    Wendy72 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes! That is the healthiest way to loss weight. If you loss it steady and slowly and continue to exercise and watch what you eat after you reach your weight loss goal, you will not gain it all back.
  • sunbeam11
    Options
    That's not uncommon starting off. Your metabolism gets rev'd up.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Over long period of time, it is might not be, but since it is only your first two weeks, some people tend to lose a bit quickly at first. 2.2 lbs is only a little higher than the reccommended speed (1-2/wk), so it's not especially unhealthy but if you are losing healthily (not starving yourself), you might find yourself losing at a slightly slower rate than that (I started at about 6 lbs/mo) and as I've lost, it's slowed down. Focus more on getting your workouts in, and eating as well as you can within your calories and less on when you are at a certain weight- putting deadlines on it might end up discouraging if you are doing everything "right" and still aren't losing as fast as you want to.