3/8 teaspoon black pepper
3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/8 teaspoon onion powder
3/16 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup baby spinach leaves,coarsely chopped
9 ounces bacon crisply cooked and crumbled about 12 slices
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
cast iron skillet better for Quiche

heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat spread hash browns in bottom and up sides of pan cook 5 minutes or until potatoes form a crust beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk add milk pepper nutmeg onion powder and salt mix well sprinkle spinach and bacon evenly over potatoes pour egg mixture into pan cover cook 10 minutes sprinkle with cheese cover cook 5 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted

calories 231

sodium 549mg fat15g carbohydrates 10g cholesterol 149mg protein 14g fiber 1g

Replies

• Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I sounds delicious. I would need to find a low carb option to sub in for potatoes.
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I sounds delicious. I would need to find a low carb option to sub in for potatoes.

Crushed pork rinds...yum! You can also sub the milk for HWC thinned with just a bit of water.
  • Su_ziq
    Su_ziq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    shredded zuchinni
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Sounds good but how to do crack an egg and then divide it in 3/4? Why not just use 4 eggs?
  • dvdlover
    dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    you delete the yolk
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For a potato recipe I use cauliflower instead....since, I do love mashed potato..(or should say I did) I found that boiling cauliflower, draining the water added a 1 (for the whole head) pad of butter and mashing them w/ a masher..salt and pepper to taste. Taste just as good as carb filled potatoes, even better, because there is no quilt and they are good for you!.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love quiche cannot wait to try this one....thanks for all of the suggestions as well..........:smile::flowerforyou: