Eating and Eating and Eating! :(

Options
Hi- I am just very confused because I don't understand what is going on with my body. I originally was able to eat 1800 calories per day at 115 lbs TO MAINTAIN, now, at 125 lbs. I eat close to 2000-2500 calories per day!! I STILL FEEL HUNGRY despite eating more and even gaining weight. Some of the weight gain is fat, and some of it is muscle- this has been over the course of 3 or so months.

How much do you eat at your weight to maintain? Also, how do I deal with hunger?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'm not yet in maintenance, but if you're hungry then you are either a) logging incorectly and actually eating less than you think you are, b) eating too many carbs or not pairing carbs with enough protein/fat to help with satiety, c) need to utilize a much smaller calorie range so you can understand how much you actually need for maintenance.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I maintain currently on 2350. I aim to eat nutrient dense whole foods for a majority of my day and fit fun stuff in between. Getting a good amount of protein, fiber and fats leaves me satiated through most of the day.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions- are there any more?
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    have soup with your meals. Eat more fat and protein, carbs are meant for quick energy.
  • KhannaS112
    KhannaS112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat more fiber