Headache ... help !

Options
Hi everybody i been on a 1300 calories a day diet for the past 3 days but i keep getting a headache , is it normal ? do im doing something wrong ? :( . And i know is winter time but it seems like im always cold now idk

Replies

• rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your body might just be adjusting. I had hot flashes at first. Are you eating alot of sweet and low or splends? They cause headaches too!
  • jennyath
    jennyath Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    water, water, water....hope you feel better! :smile:
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    drink more water and take a look at your levels of carbs protein etc. Sounds like your blood sugar might be a little low? I dont know what fixes that but I think headaches can be a symptom. Sorry I'm not much help!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Idk if thats normal- I cut my cals fairly gradually, so idk if making a sudden drop can make you feel drained (if you made a pretty signifcant drop, that is)

Try sunflower or pumpkin seeds- they have zinc and magnesium which are good for soothing a headache.
  • allotmentqueen
    allotmentqueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.....you may be dehydrated...xx
  • gisellabos
    Options
    Thanks a lot ! im gonna try to drink more water
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you're used to drinking alot of sode& you cut it out, then it might be that you're not getting any caffine. I usually drink a cup of coffee or a diet soda in the morning/early day to have some caffine. If I have no caffine then I will have a headache the rest of the day.

Also taking to long in between meals will make your head hurt. I try to eat a snack in between each of my meals. It can be as little as a granola bar, but just a little something helps.

You could als not be drinking enough. Not enough sugar, or something else. If you have cut anything out quickly & drastically it could cause head aches. So take a good look at your diet & see if there was anything you cut out suddenly without weaning yourself off of.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    I find that I'll get tension headaches on day that Im not taking in enough water. They can come on from not eating enough good food or being tired. Caffeine helps with head aches, water or taking a walks. Make sure your not sugar crashing.
  • glinda33
    glinda33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Find where the bones of your "index" finger and thumb meet (the fleshy area). Apply pressure to this spot for 2 minutes. It sounds far fetched bbut it really does work