Stretch marks!

Hi guys do you know something good for stretch mark??

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Bio-Oil
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Rub them out with cocoa butter sticks. Massage daily.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Bio-Oil

Does it work?
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Plastic surgery. Stretch marks are scar tissue. The underlying structures of the skin have torn, leaving the marks. Nothing will fade them except time, when they'll turn white from having been a reddish purple color. No creams, oils or any other magical concoction will get rid of them. They are permanent. Don't fall for the hype.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Lots of moisture on the skin to help prevent new ones (as they will happen when the skin stretches too quickly - added moisture will help reduce that issue), and time. They all fade. I Have stretch marks near my armpits and over my hips.. i actually totally forgot about the ones on my hips until I just wrote this lol.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    The creams and lotions and magical potions may help them heal faster, but they won't ever go away entirely. I have ones from puberty that are small and white, and ones from being a chubby teen that are big but light pink, and ones from having a baby that are big and purple. That's about the life-cycle of stretchmarks lol.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Bio-Oil

Does it work?

Out of all the products (scar gels and products for scars and stretch marks) I've used it's the best one .
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Let them fade to your skin color and then ignore them... I got so many I am a walking road map but I choose to not let them worry me for even a second..... Best of Luck
  • eaphk
    eaphk Posts: 14 Member
    Bio-oil helps to fade; i found this out due to weight lifting providing me with markings around my inner arms, and after three to four months of continuous use of Bio-oil it helped to fade.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Hi guys do you know something good for stretch mark??

Derma roller + Bio Oil/Cocoa Butter/Vitamin E oil/ Emu Oil should help minimise the appearance of striae.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    They'll get smaller as you do. If they're red or purple, they'll fade to white, like all scars do. The more time, the less noticeable they become.

You cannot get rid of them and would be throwing your money away on creams that promise to undo the damage.

I try to view mine as badges of honor. I gave birth. I lost weight. It doesn't always work! But I try.

Every scar tells a story, so I try to make it a good one. :)
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    If you're selfconcious and need a quick fix, there are body lotions with tints that can reduce visibility. I know people say to be comfortable with your body, but when I'm swimming with my friends and people are snickering, it's hard to stay confident. This has helped a lot for me.