Carbs

Options
What would be a good intake in grams of carbohydrates? I think i maybe eating too many. Per day.

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to no more than 170 but I know that's on the way low side. I think 250 is more an average. I know personally, from past experience, I have more success in losing with mainly lean protein, veggies and complex healthy carb mix (in that order).
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Are processed meals like the weightwatcher one bad for carbs? In one meal they have about 70g
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Also why does the food tracker not show any carbs for a slice of bread?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Between 50-55% of your total calories should come from GOOD carbs. Each gram of carbs contains 4 calories.

For me, I'm on a 1,200 net calorie plan and I have my carbs set to 50% of total calories so I'm allowed 150 grams of carbs per day. (150 grams x 4 calories each = 600 calories).

Good sources of carbs include:

Vegetables
    Fruits
    Oatmeal
    Brown Rice
    Sweet Potatoes
    Beans
    Other Whole Wheat/Whole Grain Products
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to no more than 170 but I know that's on the way low side. I think 250 is more an average. I know personally, from past experience, I have more success in losing with mainly lean protein, veggies and complex healthy carb mix (in that order).

Just realized.. big typo.. 120, not 170 for me :)
    Sorry for the confusion!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are processed meals like the weightwatcher one bad for carbs? In one meal they have about 70g
    All processed meals are terrible. Way too much sodium and chemicals.