Creative ideas for low calorie snacks?

Options
Are there any low calorie snacks that actually taste good? I'd like some ideas other than vegetables. I mean I like vegetables and everything, they taste especailly good with balsamic vinegar or ranch if I'm indulging. But it would be nice to have some other ideas. Oh and I'm a vegetarian, so I'd prefer no meat snacks.

Replies

• NYUbookworm
    Options
    I like putting banana slices in the freezer before I leave for work in the morning. They make a great evening snack and taste like banana ice cream! :wink:
  • skeepper
    skeepper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made chocolate mousse that is pretty good.

1 pkg of sugar free chocolate pudding
    4 oz of fat free cream cheese
    1.5 cups of skim milk
    3/4 of a small carton of lite cool whip.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy, add pudding and milk and beat. Fold in cool whip. Serves 6

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
    Susie :)
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with a bit of salt
    I make apple chips in my food dehydrator, they are DELICIOUS. You can make them in the oven on really low heat if you are careful not to leave them in too long.
    Rice/corn thins with cottage cheese, cucumber and salt and pepper or with cottage cheese and sliced strawberries
    Frozen grapes (love these in the summer!)
    Nuts are a good snack, they seem high calorie for the quantity but will fill you up. I think you can have around 15 almonds or 20 pistachios for 100 calories.
    Make banana icecream by freezing some banana pieces and then chucking them in the blender with a little bit of coconut milk or almond milk. Works great with mango too!

Just off the top of my head. Try googling '100 calorie snacks' for more ideas :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lemmon cucumbers in hummus, YUM!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with a splash of vanilla and some sugar/Splenda/whatever sweetener you have room for in your calories makes a nice dip for fresh strawberries. Swap out the vanilla for cinnamon and enjoy some apple slices with it.

Greek yogurt dip: 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 t. minced garlic, 1/2-1 T. lemon juice, generous helping of dried cilantro, a sprinkling of sea salt. Stir and let sit while you gather baby carrots, celery sticks, or whatever other savory thing you want to dip in it.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Stick a popsicle stick through the top (tinfoil) of your favorite yogurt and freeze it. Keep about a dozen of these in the freezer for a go to. You can buy popsicle sticks in the hobby section of Wal Marts. YUMM...yogurt pops
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I'm a big fan of just eating a piece of fruit....strawberries, a peach, banana. Quest bars and Kind Bars are both good. Handfuls of nuts. Low Fat Cheese sticks, Peanut butter with apples, hummus with carrots, pumpkin/ sunflower seeds, a cup of greek yogurt :)
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind diet coke/soda..

using a can of it instead of eggs and oil in cupcake mix makes the cupcakes really moist and really cuts back on the calories in them.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    High Fiber Tortilla - 90 Calories
    1 TBSP Peanut Butter - 90 Calories
    1 TBSP Sugar Free Jelly - 5 Calories
    2 TBSP FF Cream Cheese - 30 Calories

Spread on tortilla, warm in skillet, enjoy heaven in food form.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I've been on a yogurt kick, lately. But I also love Jello sugar/fat free puddings and jell-os. Bananas with PB2 and Cool Whip. For something more savory, cucumbers with sour cream and dill or hummus and snap peas. Avocado with ANYTHING.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    part skim string cheese 50 to 70 calories depending on the brand
    baby bell light wedges of spreadable cheese 35 calories
    mini baby bell cheese 50 calories
    Face' s new 0% fruit yogurst… very good for 120
    morning star vegetable hot dogs.. 50 calories
  • sinkinginseas
    Options
    Apple and 2 TBSP of reduced fat peanut butter, delicious, healthy, and filling. I do Granny Smith's but I think any apple will work.
  • Bearbo25
    Bearbo25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are pita chips/hummus, a few apple slices and 1 Tbs of PB, low fat vanilla greek yogurt with 2 Tbs of granola (I just got this low fat apple cinnamon granola that is AMAZING), 1 hard boiled egg, tomato slices with 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese on top. These are some of my favorites.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fat free pudding with fresh strawberries mixed in with a little dollup of reddiwhip cream.
  • Mrs_Waddlez
    Mrs_Waddlez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    arctic zero..... it is protein ice cream ...only 150 calories for the entire pint!