YOU are my motivation!

rebawagner
rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I am doing this on my own with no real support from anyone I know. They just roll their eyes at me and think I am on another “fad” diet. Maybe I am but, this time it really feels different… I think the reason is all of YOU! I log on every day and see your challenges and your successes and I feel like I am sharing them with you. I only know 2 people on this entire site and yet when someone I have never met encourages me to keep going or I see their weight loss success I get completely recharged and want to keep going. Thank you all for staying true to your selves. Keep it up and know that your success has been an encouragement to me.

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    All of us on this site is in the same boat - cause we want to change our lives. Absolutely love this post :) Thanks for postin' ...
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    My opinion is that I "know" alot of the people I have met on this site quite well actually because so many of them share the same struggles and goals as me and therefore understand what I'm feeling because they have been or are there too. I have things in common with them that I don't with some of my friends and family members . Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by people that lift you up when you feel like quitting?!!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    I feel the same way Reba!! Thank you so much for your support, motivation, inspiration, struggles, and successes! We are all in this together!
  • My thoughts exactly! :) I had no idea how awesome this site would prove when I signed up; I was pretty sure I didn't want to do the community thing, but now that I'm here it's actually probably more important than the food diary.

Thanks everyone, and cheers to us!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    I only knew one person personally on the site when I started this month, but already I am telling my hubby that sometime I might just like to take a trip to some of the places where you lovely people live! We are sharing something quite intimate here that we wouldn't necessarily talk about to a lot of people "out there" so that in itself brings a sense of closenness, as we understand each other cuz we are all in this together. Cheers!
  • We're here for you beck!! It's so nice knowing we're not alone!! Now, if only you and I lived minutes from eachother we could encourage eachother in person!! p.s.7 weeks keep it up!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Reba we all know each other well because lets face it most of our stories aren't all that different. I get a lot of support from people in my life but I am so addicted to logging in and checking on my MFP family as well. You can do this...this is not a fad diet this is a lifestyle change and you are in the drivers seat. Take it to where you want to go.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    The support network on this site is amazing . You just have to flick through the posts to see the amazing results to give you unlimited inspiration.
    The friends Ive picked up on here are very good at giving the boost needed when im feeling down.( even if I dont know then personally ).

This site makes all the difference to me
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    I'm right there with you- I LOVE that I don't feel alone in this- and lets face it, feeling isolated, or like the struggle is all yours, is one of the leading reasons people quit trying.

I'm so grateful to be part of this community. <3
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    I feel the same way! It's so hard when all of my friends are stuffing their faces with junk food all day and don't worry about a thing...it's so nice to feel like I'm not alone! :)
This discussion has been closed.