Does anybody else have days like this?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else has had days where they are just always hungry?

I do good on most days but maybe once a week or so I will have a day where I just can't get satisfied no matter what I eat. It drives me crazy! This morning I did really good in the gym but now I can't stop grazing!

Is this normal? Is my body craving something?

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I do that after a big workout, you might need protein. I usually have a protein shake after I workout and it helps alot. But still, some days are just hungry days! :)
  • jmpyatt
    Options
    Right - Eat more lean protein.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Sorry, I am the opposite of you I will go days where I am not hungry but maybe once.
  • dianaw819
    Options
    It could be hormonal as well. I know my appetite varies depending on where in my cycle I am.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple days like that..had to chug down water to help me not eat so much.
  • mizzmorales89
    Options
    Sorry, I am the opposite of you I will go days where I am not hungry but maybe once.

This past week I haven't been hungry. Just today. I only have a "hungry day" maybe once a week.

I'll try a protein shake. Maybe I'm under estimating how many calories I burn at the gym.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I sure do! I think the protein is the answer! I know eating carbs just makes me want to eat more! I had a day like that last week and celery and peanut butter finally quieted my hunger!
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    oh i have days like that and no matter what i eat i am just soo soooo sooo hungry ...nothing fills me! i must try the protein shakes... thanks guys :)
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Ugh, you bet. Had one of those days yesterday. I think it was the cold snap.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to the hubby about this last night. It's not an every week kind of thing for me, but for me, it's exactly one week before I start that time of the month. For that day every month I feel like I could eat solidly from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed and still not be satiated. It's the weirdest feeling and I hate it.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe you should cheat on your diet once a week to spike your metabolism and just for your sanity. By "cheat" I don't mean go completely nuts and order a 6,000 calorie dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I just mean relax a little bit, still log everything, and enjoy a week well done.
  • limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have those days too.
    Most of the time it's because I'm thirsty.
    I down a lot of water and that hunger goes away.
    I also find that tea helps curve the sweet tooth.
    I get licorice herbal tea, cranberry, or anything fruity tasting:)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have had many days like that! Just last week before that TOM I just could not shake the emptiness I felt,I was so hungry and couldn't seem to get full. I just changed my calories from 1400 to 1600 because I felt it wasn't enough. My mom always said " your losing weight when your really hungry", not sure if it's true but who know, could be! It sure would be nice if it was true. I just do the best I can, if I end up eating more than I should, I try to exercise a little more to cancel it out. Everyday is going to be different and we just need to learn how to adjust to it, it's a learning process to better yourself and it's not easy.Listen to what your body is telling you and if you are trully hungry, eat something, don't worry about gaining weight etc., your body knows best and it's trying to tell you that. Maybe you worked out harder than you thought you did and now it needs more fuel or could be hormornal changes or maybe your just not eating enough. If you are trully hungry and you feed your body the fuel it needs than you most likely won't gain extra weight. Trust yourself and don't fret about it. One day at a time, one meal at a time!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. Sometimes it's because I ate a late breakfast and my body never seems to feel full for the rest of the day. Sometimes it's because of where I am in my cycle. I feel full most of the time though, so it only happens once in a while.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I also have days when hunger beast is ravenous and never satisfied. I've noticed that it's mostly just before TOM, when I'm dehydrated and when I don't get enough sleep. (Sleep deprivation increases levels of the hormone Ghrelin, which triggers an increase in appetite).
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Are you REALLY hungry???

Because almost daily I have days where I want to eat all day long, but I'm not really hungry - I just want to eat! There's a huge difference.

:wink:
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr.Oz the other day and he said if you eat some nuts before a meal it actually makes you fuller faster...I tried it and it's true...When I mean by nuts I mean walnuts,almonds,macadamia nuts..
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It happens to me as well. It seems like nothing is enough. I try nuts, peanut butter...water..everything. It is different every time. Sometimes I need something savory to solve the problem Other days it is iron. I try to take a vitamin, have something with a bit of fat and protein: nuts or cheese and hope it passes. Then I resort to something with a bit of fiber. And then I resort to some chocolate. And brushing my teeth or having gum.
  • boxerbby
    Options
    i just had one of those days too, where i just couldnt get enough and never seem to feel full:( i keep trying to tell myself to stop but i just can not for some reason . i crave most of the time sweets bread or crunchy spicy things and sometimes i dont even thi k , so i eat them together! yuck! but i just dont think about it at the time im doing it
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    Happens to me but usually on the days that i am up for almost 24 hours because of work.