first time adding photos

Options
D_T_H
D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
Hi everyone hope you all are doing well I wanted to make a new success story of my success I have just recently turned 41 a type 2 diabetic when I started my whole process I would say about 5 years or so back I was diagnosed as type 2 I didn't know much about it at the time and it never really concerned me all I understood at the time was my doctor could give me these magic pills that would bring my sugar down ohh there is so much more to it than that I figured well these pills do the work so why worry what I eat boy was I wrong now we jump ahead to oct of 2012 I got an infection I will be blunt it was in the testicles now this got my attention and for the first time I was scared at the end of my hospital stay the urologist came in to have a serious talk with me he informed me that he has had 5 patients this year with the same infection that I did what the technical term of the infection was I am not sure of but I was the only patient with uncontrolled diabetes to survive so an appointment was set up for with a diabetic clinic where I was weighed for the first time ever I came in at 512 lbs this was a huge shock to me I figured closer to 350 ekks was I wrong again I have found I'M wrong a lot just ask my wife she knows well after I found out I was at 512 I started to do a little more activity and got myself down to 406 as of dec of 2013 at which time back to hospital for kidney issues again due to diabetes so christmas came and went now jan 2014 I said that's it I'm done feeling this way and have not looked back I am now off of meds with a fasting blood sugar of 5.1 and an a1c of 5.4 last check up bp was 114/64 kidneys are now back to normal function and I feel amazing I have always been obese since I was 8 years old I have some more to go but will without question make it thanks for taking the time to read this long story of my life and srry for lack of punctuation I ramble on in person to now for photos or I will try at least lol

me at 406 sorry no photos of my heaviest dec 2013

546447c7-edea-4ba4-87ad-56ff89022dee_zpsd5568cfe.jpg

april 14 2013 347lbs

IMG_35651_zps293045a9.jpg

may 14 2014 329lbs

IMG_35731_zpsd5db267c.jpg

next image not sure date or weight forgot to put it for some reason

IMG_35941_zps6dec4104.jpg

and today aug 24 2014 267.5 lbs 139 lost

IMG_36991_zpsecee2d50.jpg

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Keep up the hard work!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Well done!

Great results for an amazingly short period of time, you should be proud of yourself.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Congrats!
  • carlson4
    carlson4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look so much more happy
  • glow77enil
    glow77enil Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you are an inspiration.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome job getting your health back on track. You look great!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing work. So "happy for your loss ". You should be so proud!
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ty everyone I hope this helps someone even if it's just one person stay on track I would look at the success stories any time I felt that I couldn't do it and that is probably the biggest help I had just knowing it's not an impossible task feel free ask me anything I will try my best to help in any way I can
  • h_t_d
    h_t_d Posts: 2
    Options
    we are all soo proud of what you have done keep up the good work my love
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, such an inspiration!! You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!