301 lbs three weeks ago

Options
Today--284 lbs.

Long way to go still, but this is definitely a success for me. I'm losing fast right now and will taper off some I know, but "ll be happy with a pound or two a week after this. By next year this time--I'll be a different person Lord willing. So far I'm doing great and able to resist all of the fattening food my family eats. I have really made a commitment here and sticking with it.

All I'm doing is counting calories, eating the right food and exercising when I can and wow--what a difference. It's all in the mind folks--reprogramming our own thinking and a little will power goes a long way with this.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • adcahall
    Options
    Great job! Stick with it and it'll be worth it! :)
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work......slow and steady wins the race....so proud of you :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • peanuttyist
    Options
    Awesome !!! stick with it,,,,I was where you are and I know this works. Just stay positive ...eat right...exercise when you can...you will find it becomes easier. One of my mantras ..."One step at a time...Watch your life change ". Good luck...you will get there !
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    By going on what you have written you are no doubt going to be successful and meet your goal.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Plan the work and work the plan, even when (and believe me it will) it turns into a grind.

Trust the process and stick to it. Be willing to make adjustments along the way, however, what I have learned is that it's about averages extrapolated over months, not necessarily weekly at times, and certainly not daily.

Congrats and keep it up!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and you are right. When you first start losing and when you are morbidly obese (Defined as BMI >39.9) then weight loss over 2 lbs per week generally is not a really bad thing (as long as it is not ridiculously high)... As you get closer to your goal, the loss will (and should) taper. Really fast weight loss (as you get closer to goal) generally relates to a higher degree of lean body mass loss than fat loss. Ultimately, it is fat loss that you want. Muscle mass actually helps with the loss of fat and is not what you want to lose.

Any way, you are doing great at this point ... keep up with what you are doing. Best wishes on every success.
  • Raney2
    Raney2 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks folks. Observations and results so far are that my knees and joints have really stopped hurting when I walk. I imagine that was a lot of fluid build up in them from the food I was eating before, but also the 17 lbs of weight lifted too. Amazing what just changing my eating habits has accomplished in such a short time and only 17 lbs. It's really encouraging and tells me that my life is changing and I'm actually feeling it.

Thanks for the support friends. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep up the great work... don't even think about how hard or not hard losing will be in the future just focus on today and what is going on now. And now you are losing at a nice pace which is excellent!!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well, I congratulate your loss!!
  • Jdolphin42
    Jdolphin42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Good job!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Rockstar!!!. Congrats' on getting out o the 300's and congrats' on your progress.
  • bakokari57
    bakokari57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss and commitment to a healthier future. Appreciate so many of your comments here. What I really like about this site is the positive, mutual support. Encouraging and inspiring one another is a great win for all of us. Anyone want to add me as a friend for ongoing mutual accountability and support, my user name is bakokari57
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Good job. Here's to becoming healthy.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep up the fantastic work and commitment!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep all the hard work going. Just remember one day at a time.
  • Rosie5025
    Options
    GREAT job! Keep up all your hard work. A year ago this week I started at 300 lbs and to date I'm down 70 lbs . I still have a long way to go but I take it one day at a time. In the beginning I took it literally a minute at a time and then an hour and so on. Its a long hard road but with support and the right tools you'll succeed! You have a lot of people in your corner!
    Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting out of the 300s. Stick with it, and in no time, you'll be out of the 200s as well.
  • Raney2
    Options
    Today's weigh in---277 lbs. From 301 lbs. Coming off slow, but steady. 24 lbs in about two months now. If I can maintain slow but steady as I have I will be very close to my goal weight in less than 10 months. :smile:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!