Graze

Options
Has anyone tried graze.com? If so what did you think?

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The amounts are small (price wise) and some of the food is just plain nasty. What I ordered isn't what I got in the mail.

yea, so no I wouldn't ever recommend it to a friend.

I personally feel it's a gimmick (albeit a popular one when you get that :wink: free box), but I can see how some would fall for it, it's a cool concept getting mail every week, or month or whatever you sign up for but I prefer to shop in person and pick out foods I would actually eat and see them first.:tongue:

Many threads on this in the archives as you'll see some actually do enjoy ordering from them.:flowerforyou:
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have used graze for about 4 months and I have really enjoyed it. I really like that they deliver a large variety of single serving snacks that have a decently long shelf life. So far, it has worked well for me for work snacking and since it is a single serving, I'm not as tempted to eat an entire bag of something. They also have a nice feature that lets you push back the delivery by a week or more if you aren't eating them quickly enough.

Although, there are some snacks that are so simple that I have removed them from my graze list and make my own baggies.
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Everything I've had from them is delicious. It's expensive though so I just get a box once in a while at this point.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Graze. I pay $6 every two weeks and get 4 containers of pre-portioned snacks. Yeah it's $1.50 a snack but for everything being done for me? I love it. If you want a code that I believe gives you your first one and fifth one free (if you don't have it already), message me. :)
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Taste delicious and convenient for my lifestyle. Single portions do it for me and I love the variety. I just select the ones that fit my requirements. What's not to love.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I canceled it after about 6 months. The portions were small, and even though I marked dozens of things I wanted to try, I very often got a box of mostly or all repeats. It felt like they kept sending me the same things over and over.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The amounts are small (price wise) and some of the food is just plain nasty. What I ordered isn't what I got in the mail.

yea, so no I wouldn't ever recommend it to a friend.

I personally feel it's a gimmick (albeit a popular one when you get that :wink: free box), but I can see how some would fall for it, it's a cool concept getting mail every week, or month or whatever you sign up for but I prefer to shop in person and pick out foods I would actually eat and see them first.:tongue:

Many threads on this in the archives as you'll see some actually do enjoy ordering from them.:flowerforyou:

You can rate every snack and choose which ones you want. Some snacks are on the small side but you can get nice nuts boxes for 200 cal. Breakfast portions are quite big. Selection is wide and you can easily find what suits you.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love it. yes it is an indulgence in terms of the cost in relation to the portion sizes but they are all delicious little snacks and loads of variety. I really look forward to getting my box & I like that that are convenient and pre-portioned and a lot of the things they send I have never seen in any regular supermarkets or stores, get some really interesting snacks :-)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's a stupid little concept I think...

Why not go to the store and buy whole containers of the nuts/cheese/ etc. for the same price and make your own "graze" box?
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I recommend it, they have delicous, appropriately portioned snacks, everyone has different taste buds, so yes, some of the snacks you won't like, duh. You can try out the flavors to find what you do like. Its great.:bigsmile:
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have heard some people say, "It's stupid," and "Who needs pre-packaged foods?" but I DON'T use it because I'm too lazy to go to the store and measure out snacks in little baggies.

I do it because:
    I super like getting packages in the mail. I am a silly dork that way.
    It's an adventure in flavors, seasonings and combinations I might not come up with myself.
    It's really delicious and I love that I can customize my choices.

I was a beta-tester in the U.S. (was originally UK only) because I tried to sign up for it and they kindly said, "Sorry, we're not in the U.S. yet, but we'll keep in touch." And they did - I was shocked - about a year later. I've been using it ever since.

So, don't knock it until you try it! ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Why not go to the store and buy whole containers of the nuts/cheese/ etc. for the same price and make your own "graze" box?

Can't find those flavors anywhere, honestly. I mean, the basic stuff I said I didn't want, so they send me fancier things that I could never find in a store or make myself.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Because it's convenient to have a box mailed right to your office with a variety of snacks that are already weighed with calorie counts :smile:

I could go buy bulk trail items and make my own, but I like Graze because they are packaged to stay fresh for a while, I don't have to bother with weighing for calories and I get to try new things without investing in a large bag.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've been getting boxes for a few months, I love being able to somewhat pick & choose what I want, and the preportioned packs are perfect to toss one in my purse in the morning to take to work
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My husband & I decided to try it and we laughed so hard at the box when it came in. It was just SO tiny...I guess we were expecting something more. We split all four of the individual snacks as part of our dinner and then canceled immediately.

I didn't think the snacks were bad, they tasted okay & all...but they were nothing that special and very small portions. I felt it was not a great value at all. Sure it's not *expensive* at less than two dollars per snack baggie...roughly the price of something you would pick up in a convenience store, I guess. We could easily go buy $15-20 worth of the same snack stuff in bulk and make at least a dozen of our own "graze boxes".

When I read about fellow MFP-ers who make a graze box last for weeks I'm just puzzled. We don't eat a ton, but for either of us those would provide one little snack a day for 4 days, max.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    My husband & I decided to try it and we laughed so hard at the box when it came in. It was just SO tiny...I guess we were expecting something more. We split all four of the individual snacks as part of our dinner and then canceled immediately.

I didn't think the snacks were bad, they tasted okay & all...but they were nothing that special and very small portions. I felt it was not a great value at all. Sure it's not *expensive* at less than two dollars per snack baggie...roughly the price of something you would pick up in a convenience store, I guess. We could easily go buy $15-20 worth of the same snack stuff in bulk and make at least a dozen of our own "graze boxes".

When I read about fellow MFP-ers who make a graze box last for weeks I'm just puzzled. We don't eat a ton, but for either of us those would provide one little snack a day for 4 days, max.

I make mine last for weeks because I use the snacks in my office as an emergency stash. Also, the small portions are one of the reasons why I like Graze. I know I'm getting a correct serving size and when it comes to something calorie dense like nuts, that's important.