sushi calories

Options
snowfox1
snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
Hi could someone please tell me what has less calories in it, an 8 pack of teriyaki chicken sushi, or a teriyaki chicken rice ball?
Thankyou :smile:

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Use Google.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had no idea they make a teriyaki chicken sushi roll. That's not sushi. Had to look that one up. Anyway, probably whichever has less rice.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Depending on the size of the sushi pieces, the sushi probably has fewer calories. Like the poster above me said I would check google for a more accurate estimate.
  • Oneironaut
    Oneironaut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The term sushi just refers to the vinegared rice, so chicken can be used in sushi.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I had no idea they make a teriyaki chicken sushi roll. That's not sushi. Had to look that one up. Anyway, probably whichever has less rice.

You are right...if it isn't made with raw fish then it isn't really sushi.
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    The term sushi just refers to the vinegared rice, so chicken can be used in sushi.

I'm sure that's true.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

it is true. the rice ball isn't sushi, but sushi can have chicken in it.
  • smarieallen85
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I meant that seriously. Sometimes I learn from people on MFP and I'm fine admitting it. Anyway, someday I'll see chicken in a Japanese sushi roll and not be surprised.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I meant that seriously. Sometimes I learn from people on MFP and I'm fine admitting it. Anyway, someday I'll see chicken in a Japanese sushi roll and not be surprised.

I once saw a place that actually had a Turkey, Cranberry and Cream Cheese "Sushi" Roll :noway:
  • smarieallen85
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I once saw a place that actually had a Turkey, Cranberry and Cream Cheese "Sushi" Roll :noway:

lol. I don't understand. Did you try it?
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

Maybe I've been spending too much time on the forums lately. Much respect! :flowerforyou:
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I couldn't bring myself to! It was literally a sushi roll with shaved deli turkey, cranberry sauce and a chunk of cream cheese in the middle. Not right at all.
  • smarieallen85
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I couldn't bring myself to! It was literally a sushi roll with shaved deli turkey, cranberry sauce and a chunk of cream cheese in the middle. Not right at all.

What city were you in?! I'm so fascinated. If they had done it with a little mashed potato instead of cream cheese it could have been the Thanksgiving Roll.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

That sounds delish
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

What city were you in?! I'm so fascinated. If they had done it with a little mashed potato instead of cream cheese it could have been the Thanksgiving Roll.

I'm in Australia - I saw it in Adelaide. The rest of the sushi the shop had were your regular fast food style sushi.

In Melbourne where I live now, you can get Sushi Burger!

Hamburg-SB-02-kirinuki500dpi-RGB1.jpg
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smarieallen85
    Options

I'm sure that's true.

I'm in Australia - I saw it in Adelaide. The rest of the sushi the shop had were your regular fast food style sushi.

In Melbourne where I live now, you can get Sushi Burger!

Hamburg-SB-02-kirinuki500dpi-RGB1.jpg

Ha! I couldn't see that picture last night. Crazy.