28 year old looking to lose a few hundred

Options
Yes, really, I have more than three hundred pounds to lose. Sad, yes, but not impossible. I've been overweight since I was about seven/eight years old, and was even over four hundred at the age of eleven. I've been struggling with this all my life and honestly, I've had a enough of it. I don't care about things like boyfriends and girlfriends being in my life, or being attractive at all. Bottom line is my health is on the line and I'm tired of having to buy expensive clothes catered to the overweight. I'd like to go into a store, see a XL shirt and snag it up so I can wear it or put on a nice 14/16 skirt and go to my place of worship, sit in the chairs without worrying I'll break them or won't fit.

I'm absolutely tired of my body hurting because I'm so darn fat. I've got a bum knee, terrible thing really, it's been that way since I was young and only in the last few years has it started bothering me. Thing hurts all the time, but there's times when it gives me a break. Hell, it's pathetic, but even my arms hurt from typing at the moment. Recently acquired high cholosteral. (however you spell that)

Dudes and Dudettes, I'm a weight gain horror story but I know right now, all is not lost. I want to be able to walk around the block or to the store without worrying I won't make it back. I want to swing on the swingset at a park and feel the wind in my hair as I move back and forth. Most of all, I want to be able to take care of myself instead of depending on others to do it for me. I used to be more independent, but **** happens and it needs to be dealt with.

I can do this. I know I can. Someday I'm going to learn how to drive, so my family can do what they need to do and I can go to a Kingdom Hall in order to worship my God Jehovah. I can't do those things unless I lose weight and I'm sure there's people out there that have image problems. Want to lose fifty pounds, a hundred pounds, hell even twenty pounds and I'm thankful that's all you have to lose. Good for you, get it off and don't become me. You can do it.

Guess that's all I have to say. Kinda a rant? Nah, just showing how you finally get fed up and want to do something with your life instead of just drifting and doing absolutely nothing.

Good luck and I hope to make a few friends on the weight loss journey. Maybe we can encourage each other to keep going. See ya around. <3:heart:

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome aboard.
    a really positive start by being here.
    in the part of the forum titlled "success stories" you will find plenty of ihope and inspiration.
    g luck.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck. If you've decided to do it then you will do it. One step at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • sushistorm86
    Options
    thank you both for the welcome! i wish the same luck to you. <3
  • MissBev4lif3
    MissBev4lif3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're taken the first step to a better life by joining MFP which has a very motivating community! Just take it one day at a time! Good luck..... You got this :-)
  • JasmineJYJ
    Options
    Heyyyy Hun :) as you said all is not lost!! I'm rooting for you and I know you can do it! I'm glad you have decided to Change your life feel free to add me! I'm happy to encourage and support you :) take care now
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One step at a time! You can do it. You seem to realize you're in this for the long haul and won't lose all the weight in just a few months... but at first, I wouldn't be surprised if you lost quite a bit in the first month or so.

Stick with it! That's the key, I've found. I have NEVER stuck with anything this long, and have never had the results I've had before, so I know it works.

I'm looking forward to seeing your story in the Success Stories section someday!
  • RainbowCoconut
    RainbowCoconut Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yay sister! Welcome to you. You can do it! Just one step/pound at a time! MFP is awesome...I don't like "diets" much, but this actually works for me, getting my portions in control, eating fairly healthy and still fitting in treats. It kinda feels like a game :) I've dropped 12 pounds in about 2 months...nice and slow, but going down.
  • beatnikdan
    Options
    Welcome. The first step is the hardest, and you have just done that. Now stay positive and focus on all the good things, no matter how great or small. They are all good. Lastly learn from the mistakes. Welcome to the journey sister. We can do this together with help from above of course. Thx for inspiring me to want to do this.