Chinese Food

Options
Ok, so tonight is my cheat meal. We are planning on ordering chinese food. I would like to enjoy my food, but I don't want to go overboard. I'm thinking the chicken and broccoli and brown rice. I'll split it in half when it get's here and save the rest for tomorrow or later in the week. Would this throw me off or is this a "healthy" option? I have about 800 calories left for the day.

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Without actually knowing but I would say you will be FINE! Especially since you are going to split it in half and save it also your doing a cheat meal! Enjoy it ":) thats just my unprofessional opinon!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. The best way of knowing is to measure, and then plug it into your diary.

All in all, especially with the splitting, sounds good. I would get some extra water in though b/c of the sodium intake. They load it up.
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    i always get beef and broccoli, eat the whole thing, and don't eat the rice :]
    your plan sounds fine, you definitely have enough calories left!
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Yay! Now I'm excited. I haven't had chinese in a while, but I'm determined to stay on this healthy track and not go overboard.
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    Fried rice from a chinese takeaway works out at around 90 calories per tablespoon so be careful! But enjoy! :D
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Fried rice from a chinese takeaway works out at around 90 calories per tablespoon so be careful! But enjoy! :D

I freaking love fried rice, but I'm going to get brown rice this time. That's a CRAZY amount of calories just for rice. Totally not worth it to me.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    don't forget the bean sprouts! yummm :smooched:
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    Is the brown rice not fried?
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Is the brown rice not fried?
    Nope, it's steamed. It was delicious too! I still have 400 calories left after dinner and am under sodium still so I'm super excited. It wasn't really a "cheat" meal after all.